uchicago extended essay: write about something that you have outgrown

gemma2345 5 / 15  
Prompt:write an essay about something you've outgrown before you had a replacement- a friend, a political philosophy, a favourite culture or anything that has an infleunce on you- what if anything has taken its place?

Growing up in Kano, despite all the riots and religious fights, was the most wonderful experience of my life. I had made irreplaceable friends and learnt new cultures and traditions. That was why it hurt when my father announced that we were moving. Leaving Kano was the hardest thing I had ever done. "I was going to miss the cold dusty harmattan wind" I thought to myself, but most of all, I was going to miss my friends. We had created unforgettable memories together and it hurt that I had to leave.

At first, moving to Abuja seemed like the worst idea. I was the new girl who always kept to herself and refused to be friends with anyone. I tried to call my friends in Kano, but after sometime it became very hard to keep in touch because they had all moved to different places all over the world.

After sometime, we all began to fall apart. We all had different lives, new friends and new priorities. At a time in my life, the idea of being separated from my friends would have been devastating. However, I realize now that we have all outgrown each other. Although we had been separated rather suddenly, we had all moved on with our lives. Meeting in the future, we might not even recognize each other.

For me, Abuja has become my new life. I have new friends who now mean the world to me.

i need help you guys...
tkkt1 11 / 47  
This is a good start but since it is U of Chicago's extended essay then it should be longer. The rest of your essay should give insight in your writing style, personality, dreams, and character. Keep writing and good luck from a UChicago EA-er.
sanmateoazn 1 / 4  
i know i'm not qualified to say this...but your essay should be more developed and reflective.

Return the favor:

Home / Undergraduate / uchicago extended essay: write about something that you have outgrown