Uchicago - (Why Uchig) More than a school

tournedos 1 / -  
This is a University that is more than a school. It is a centre for personal growth, self-discovery, intellectual formation and cultural enrichment. The University of Chicago's Core Curriculum makes it stand out from other colleges; I believe that an inter-disciplinary education elicits questions from students about the world, and leads to a journey of exploration and awareness. I wish to be transformed by the Core, where my assumptions will be challenged and my perspective changed. Furthermore, I believe that a college education should not just be about academics, and the University of Chicago shares that view. Its diverse student population and superb arts scene (with the Artspeaks series, various exhibits and soon to come Logan Center) imbues students with a distinct and unique cultural experience. Lastly, the motto: "Let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched" inspires its students to use their knowledge gained for the betterment of society, the human race. I firmly believe that knowledge must be shared and used not for the enrichment of oneself, but for the greater good of the world. The University of Chicago takes only the best and forms them into worthy citizens of the world, and I wish to be part of this family.
reidabook 6 / 19  
sounds good, but saying, lastly kind of cheapens your essay in my opinion. You need different ways of introducing your sentences

Home / Undergraduate / Uchicago - (Why Uchig) More than a school