UIUC PROMPT-describe an incident that lead to your love for your major (COMPUTER PROGRAMMING)

MITHALI 1 / 1  
Well-equipped with a plethora of words, I was confident defeating my grandmother at my very first game of classic scrabble would be a plain-sailing feat. Nevertheless, much to my aversion, my grandmother went on to create words that exceeded the limited and confined vocabulary of a ten year old, words I hadn't had the faintest idea of. As the letters on the rack reduced, my incapability to string letters to form something sensible irked me,until I went out and bought an electronic scrabble dictionary which enabled me to key in letters and string them into endless permutations, and thus millions of new words,which thoroughly intrigued me.

For the next few years I surrounded myself with games with infinite solutions and that required logic and pragmatic thinking, Travelling as a young kid,the travel size scrabble puzzles my mother would shove towards me in an attempt to shut me up were my lifesavers.

My appreciation for scrabble transferred to programming instantaneously , over one holiday as I watched my cousin brother frustrated over his incapacitation to string a Java code for a web application he was making,similar to my former inability to string a bunch of letters to create words.Looking at the gibberish in awe I noted the exhilaration and thrill my brother felt as he finally changed the comparison assignment( = to ==) and the code sprung into place, which stemmed from an innate interest for pragmatic thinking, because programming is challenging enough to spark auto-realization.

In the following years as I played around with simple coding languages such as HTML,CSS AND JAVA I realised I gravitated towards programming cause it was a subdivision of logic, in my eyes,almost a scrabble game in disguise. I realized I was able to form a particularly hard or lesser known word and and subconsciously use the same ideology or methodology of "word building games" to write code, compile it, test it, and repeat that until I achieved what I envisioned. To me, programming has always been like playing word games, like Scrabble. Only you don't get "points"; rather, you measure your progress in terms of whether your programs run.

My love for programming stems from high regard for an orderly environment and creating things that improve that order. To create software that performs something useful is a great expression of that value, leading to a door of infinite possibilities . The computer revolution allows humanity to change the world from the comforts of their study tables which is what pushed me to pursue this as a life long dream.

PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE THIS ESSAY BETTER
irfan727 49 / 68 29  
Ok Amin, let me try to give some recommendations on your passage.
please be aware of the punctuation. after comma or dot, you have to type with the space.
as example this from your writing.

in my eyes, almost a scrabble game in disguise.

In the following years,as I played around with simple coding languages such as HTML,CSS AND JAVA.(you need to put dot here) I realised that I gravitated towards programming ...

... is a great expression of that value , leading to a door of infinite possibilities.
... their study tables which is what pushed me to pursue this as a life long dream

thanks, hope it can helps
- Nevertheless,M uch to my aversion,
- words I hadn'thaven't had the faintest idea of.
- and thus forming millions of new words,whichthat thoroughly intrigued me.

- Travel ling ( mind your spelling, turn on spell checker all the time ) as a young kid,
- for scrabble transferredtranspired to programming instantaneously ,
- over one holiday as I watched my cousin brother( in the English language, a cousin is a cousin regardless of gender ) frustrated
- over his incapacitationinability to string a Java

- I realiz ed ( spelling again ) I gravitated towards programming
- in my eyes, it was almost a scrabble game in disguise.

Amin, kindly find additional corrections above, I know that you want to use big words on your essay, however it's not always the best way to do it.

Learn how to associate words properly in your sentences that will still keep it's appeal to the normal reader so much so to the panel of admissions officers.

Home / Undergraduate / UIUC PROMPT-describe an incident that lead to your love for your major (COMPUTER PROGRAMMING)