UIUC Supplementary Essay_Explain your experience related to your first-choice major.

miniwinsle 1 / -  

Explain, in detail, an experience you've had in the past 3 to 4 years related to your first-choice major.

This can be an experience from an extracurricular activity, in a class you've taken, or through something else. (150 words)

I want to apply as Astrophysics, but I do not have any specific activity related to it except that I am crazy to look at the sky lying on asphalt everyday and observe the moon and Jupiter with my grandfather's telescope. I have no idea how high school students can have any actual experiences about Astrophysics. Even though I am so much passionate about Astrophysics and the universe, my real experience is weak.

Thus, I am considering to choose my first major as Business or Engineering, about which I have more to say with my start-up club experience or tutoring/experiments experience. However, since these majors are much more competitive than Astrophysics, I cannot make a decision.

Please help me with choosing my first major and contents of for this essay prompt. Thanks.
Never opt to apply for a course that you are not experienced in. If you do not have even the slightest relevant experience in the field, then you are not going to make it into the course as a first, second, or even third choice. Always opt to apply to courses that you actually have experience/s with. That means, you should choose to apply for any business or engineering course if you have applicable experience in one or both of these fields. The first course choice should be the one that you have the strongest and most considerable experience in. I am not sure which one it may be for you, decide that for yourself. You may opt to apply for one business and one engineering course or 2 different majors related to either business or engineering. At this point, you have to consider all of your skills and experiences so that you can decide on the strongest major for your first course choice. Once you have decided that, you can begin to assess what qualifications you have that would make you a contender for admission to the course.

Home / Undergraduate / UIUC Supplementary Essay_Explain your experience related to your first-choice major.