UNC Chapel Hill Prompt 1 - What is one thing that we don't know about you that you want for us to kn

sumthegoat 1 / 3  
Essay Prompt 1: What is one thing that we don't know about you that you want for us to know?

One thing that you do not know about me, is that I am an introvert. Unlike other people, I enjoy spending most of the time keeping to myself. However, I do take pride in being an introvert, as I do find time to reflect on my past, as well as to make plans for the future. When I am alone, my mind is buzzing with dreams such as that of making the first flying car, or me winning the Nobel Prize. Also, being an introvert, means having less friends. People look down on it, but I consider it an advantage, as this gives me fewer distractions, thus helping me complete my work on time. I also feel that instead of having a huge social circle, it is better to have a few friends who understand and accept you for who you are.

However, there is a downside to being an introverted person. My introverted nature did lead to me wanting to solve my problems without the help of anybody, even though I was confused. There have been a couple of times, where I never asked my teachers or family for advice, at times when I needed it, which led to a short setback in my high school career. In my later years of high school, I learned the importance of opening up about your problems.
Danstand 2 / 9 3  
Good essay, I don't know your word limit but I was thinking you could write more.
Perhaps, in the last paragraph instead of saying there were couple of times you refused to ask for help even though you needed it, I'll suggest you give a clear instance of a situation not necessarily detailed but substantial.
OP sumthegoat 1 / 3  
@Danstand
My word limit is 250 words.
minhphuccttv 4 / 11  
Hello @sumthegoat

Your essay just 225 words, you can write more 20 words, I think you can say about being extroverts.

If your essay is real, I think you should talk more. I used to have the same problem but i think we aren't our thinking, we are what we doing now.

Good luck,

Minh Phuc
Sumedh, your introduction to your being an introvert is good. You have shown the good and the bad when it comes to a person who has this kind of character. The information that you provide tells the reviewer about how this trait has affected your life in the past. Now, you need to also discuss how you feel this trait of yours will affect your future as a college student. Do you hope to overcome this and become at least, a socially balanced person in college? You don't need to become an extrovert, but telling the reviewer that you plan to at least try and be sociable while in college will show him that you acknowledge your consider being an introvert as a small problem that you will have to deal with as a college student and that you hope to gain the help of the university and your classmates / roommates / university staff in overcoming this crippling character trait of yours. Always balance your past look with a present and future outlook. That way you always come across as hopeful and looking forward to joining the university.

Home / Undergraduate / UNC Chapel Hill Prompt 1 - What is one thing that we don't know about you that you want for us to kn