Undergrade Advice (contribute to diversity + meaningful event)

CollegeBoundKid 1 / -  
In applying for colleges recently, Ive been faced with two essay questions that have actually stumped me. One being: "How can you contribute to diversity?" and the other "describe a meaningful event, experience, or accomplishment in your life and how it will affect your college experience or your contribution to the campus community."

In the "diversity" essay I'm not sure whether going with a humorous essay or a more structural essay would be better? If I went the way of the humorous essay I would go into detail of how I'm not afraid to try new things, and how that affects my diversity. After all, they're wanting to learn about you as an individual right?

Can someone just give me some advice? Maybe a helpful hint?
Mariam892 - / 3  
Be honest, but do it in a tactful way. never put anything that will detract from the admissions office perspective's of you, unless you're showing how you were before a change occurred. Therefore, if humorous is your natural tone, go for it. Just be careful not to get too carried away.

Home / Undergraduate / Undergrade Advice (contribute to diversity + meaningful event)