Unfamiliar world / Walk and volunteer / Rascal Flatts' - University of Rochester

hallelujah 5 / 3  
I've wriiten some short answers. Plz view them and give me some advice, thanks:)

1. What makes the University of Rochester a good fit for you? In answering, identify your sources of information, including any conversations you've had with Rochester faculty, staff, students, or alumni.

There are many similarities between Rochester and my school.Both represent high education quality and encourage research projects including academic study and community service.Moreover,they both pay huge attention to the diversity of their environment.I have visited the website about diversity of Rochester and I am impressed by its multicultural calendar which provides a vast view of most festivals of various cultures.I can feel the great acceptance of the university that even in an unfamiliar world I can still live my own cultural life.My school has an international division and students from different countries study with us,local students in the same campus.Though they talk in languages we can not catch a word,yet the diversity composes our big family where we live and make friends with each other.The situation in Rochester is quite similar,so I will feel comfortable to study in such a big family and pursue my academic study with students of incredible diversity in Rochester.

2. In addition to any work experience that you listed on your application, please tell us how you spent your most recent summer vacation.

Apart from reading books,doing assignments and preparing tests,I spent several days walking around my home city and organizing some volunteering activities in the community.I enjoyed wandering the streets under the warm sunshine in summer, and during that time I could take a deep look into my hometown to know its people and culture better.I took part in an educational program about the Olympics and played interesting games with students age7-12 to help them learn more about the Olympic Games.

3. You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why?

When I ferreted about for songs on the Internet,Rascal Flatts drew my ears with their fabulous sound.The opening music of"It is not supposed to go like that"enchanted me by its light rhythm and countryside tone;then,came the shocking words,which told a story about a child accidentally shot his companion with his dad's gun in a cowboy-play.That story drove me into deep thought about the legitimacy of gun holding and I really want to sing the song for the safe of human life and social security.

Great thanks:)
Angela629 9 / 86  
On the second essay you present, it seems like you should say more about your whole summer, not just part. It may be boring, but I think the college would need as much info as possible.

The best thing I could think of is elaborating. Your essay sound too short and elicit, I mean elicit is good, but I think the college pose this question because they want to know more about you, so may be you should write more if there are more space.

Hope this helps,
angela629
OP hallelujah 5 / 3  
thanks a lot:)
I'll try to elaborate my personal infomation more

Home / Undergraduate / Unfamiliar world / Walk and volunteer / Rascal Flatts' - University of Rochester