Unforgeteful Driving Experience - similar with an episode of spongebob squarepants

anwar akmal 1 / -  
2.) Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?

My first driving experience was fresh in my mind as it was happened yesterday. My driving experience was quite similar with an episode of spongebob squarepants, a famous cartoon series where spongebob take the driving test with Mrs puff except that my instructor was not a fish . It was during the long holiday after the SPM examination. I spent my time to learn how to drive a car at the driving school which located only a few miles from my house. I thought driving a car was easy but it turned out to be a difficult task. My legs needed to control the three pedals, my hands required to control the steering wheel and my eyes must focused on the road. It was impossible for someone that have small body like me if the car seat could not be adjusted. I managed to do all the three tasks after I adjusted the seat.

The first day of my driving lesson was very tiring . After an explanation from my instructor, he asked me to try drive the car. I put my hand on the car key and started the engine while my leg released the clutch pedal. I was excited when the car move slowly to the front. My happiness did not last long when the engine stalled out of the blue. I sighed desolately. The moment after the engine stalled, the only thing on my mind was the eerie accident on the road. The situation became worse when I could not control the steering properly. I was haunted by my own improbable imagination and my heart was throbbing rapidly. The annoying instructor make me worried and uncomfortable to drive the car. He became mad even the slightest mistakes I made. Every single thing seemed wrong to him and I was scold all along the road until he called it a day for the lesson.

I was ready to get my license after a few exhausting week of lesson. The gloomy sky was covered with the ominous cloud. As the sky turned dark, the earth was crying while the trees were waving each others. My luck on that day was as bad as the weather when I got the second turn to take the JPJ test. The briefing before the driving test did not concern me at all as I was nervous. The test began when the first person, a young man stepped into the car. A moment later, the young man stopped the car at the starting point, indicated that he finished the test and my turn had arrived. Carefully, I applied everything I had learnt and drove the car. I passed the first part of the test, the hill but it was too early to felt relief. My expectation became I reality when I failed the second part of the test, the parallel parking. As for that, I need to learn again and take the test again.

The failure during the initial test inspired me to take the test again. Everything was went well until I did the parallel parking . The outcome caused me lost my will to take the driving license anymore. In addition, I failed the second test with the same mistake which make me depressed. When I reached home, the result paper became my 'masterpiece' when I tore it into small pieces to let go my depression.

I was lying lazily on the sofa when the bird was chirping outside the window. The melody of the birds attracted me. Slowly, I closed my hooded eyes. The unforgettable test had passed a year ago. "Not everything we desire can be achieved with single tried", I remembered my parent advice. Slowly I stood up and grabbed my wallet. "Mom, I'm going to the city", I shouted to my mom while took the car key on the table. Deep in my heart, I glad my parents had been beside me when I was in deep depression. Without their advice, I could not drive a car today.
The essay lacks a proper reflection upon the way the driving tests affected you. There is a disconnection in the way that the essay is written in the sense that there is no portion that proves the importance of this test to you and highlights the disappointment that you felt and why you would feel that way. Perhaps it is because of the tremendous number of grammatical errors in the narrative that caused this lack of emotional connection. Even the lesson that you learned is portrayed in a light mannered manner. Almost as if it did not matter if you failed the test twice or not. There is no clear explanation as to how that adage from your parents applied to your situation. You also need to clarify that you eventually passed the test thanks to the lessons that you learned from your previous failure. Basically, what your essay lacks it a character or trait build up that stems from the double failure. You need to show your growth as a person and the development of a logical side to you that did not exist before and probably would not have existed had you not experienced this failure.

Home / Undergraduate / Unforgeteful Driving Experience - similar with an episode of spongebob squarepants