Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

what unique characteristics help add to the UCF family

giuretig4 1 / 1  
"I have always been one to pick people up when they are down or make them smile when they need a pick me up. Everyone needs a friend. No one likes to feel rejected or like an alien from another planet. In saying that, there was a boy at my school, people called him Popcorn, although I am not sure why. He got injured playing football during summer and had to wear a full over the shirt back brace all year round.

One day when I was on my way to my car because school was out, I saw Popcorn and some guy conversing. At first I thought nothing of it until Popcorn was shoved. He was getting bullied. As I was watching this and contemplating the situation, I began to get upset. So I walked over to them, uninvited. Picture this, a 6'1" bully and a 5' girl on a mission to help. I tapped the obnoxious boy on the shoulder and told him straight up that he should look at himself in the mirror. I told him off, telling him how mean he seems and how ugly his actions were. He then left us.

Popcorn thanked me and for the first time I saw him smile. I love helping others and seeing joy come upon them. Things like this inspire me to want to help others in my future. I live to serve. In college I think those qualities such as, caring, love, and genuine kindness could go a long way in college."

Home / Undergraduate / what unique characteristics help add to the UCF family