Unique Factors That Have Most Shaped Who You Are

Tabiaa 1 / 1  
Hi :]
I'm given this:

List and describe THREE unique factors that have most shaped who you are(any obstacles you have faced or passions you have developed are especially relevant)

what is appropriate for these kinds of responses? what are they REALLY looking for?

another is:

If you could change one thing about your community, what would you change and why?

Well; mostly I am worried about the elderly residents who live in my building. (does that count as community?) What should i add to that? Should that even be what i write about?

THANKS!
K_Swiss 1 / 9  
For the second one, yes you are correct. What do you want to change about the community? ex: more one-to-one conversations

As for the first, is there anything that affected you a lot? for ex: near death experience made you be more compassionate ...
OP Tabiaa 1 / 1  
Music; friends?

good ideas for the first one? i dont really think it would be :T

How about being the eldest? where i have to set and example; become responsible; and display altruism?

what do you guys think?
Use this as an opportunity to affirm your convictions related to this academic program you are going into. Have you chosen a major? If not, tentatively choose a field that you want to get into, and write about issues related to it. Just like Martin Luther King may have answered this question with references to experiences of injustice or concerns about equality, use this as a chance to show that you are hell-bent on achieving something specific, something that your life will stand for. Life is happening now! You are choosing your path.
If you can, choose factors that can be described in the form of a tightly-written narrative anecdote. That will make writing the essay much easier. Also, try to pick three factors that demonstrate positive qualities you possess that you haven't covered in any other essay for this application.
jihui_go - / 1  
Just wondering, since I have to answer the same questions/topic above, but is it okay to use something that affected my life and outlook, but occurred before I was ever born?

Home / Undergraduate / Unique Factors That Have Most Shaped Who You Are