Unity will be the catalyst Unversity of Chicago direct learning essay!

tehfunkicookie 19 / 50  
hey guys. I really didn't know how to write this one for some reason. I had some sort of a problem even though it was an easy essay prompt. I hope i did answer the question. Please help me read it and grade it! Be as hard as you like =)

PROMPT:
Question 1. How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.

Whether it would be making a plane out of solar cells or using hydrogen ions power everything in homes, people often think and tell me that these ideas are too childish or advanced. Having a desire to display and present my engineering ideas, I believe University of Chicago will be the best place for me to implement my ideas. Having six academic departments in engineering and a large and high level faculty, I feel UChicago will be the catalyst that initiates my engineering research goals and provide me with the excellent educational foundation and experience necessary to succeed. Having multiple research laboratories and project opportunities, UChicago will enhance my love for research and discovery for new, innovative ideas while providing me with the necessary knowledge to develop my ideas. With the successful and published research projects, the question is not "Can it be done?" but "When can I do this and publish it?". The advanced technology will allow me to explore the frontiers of engineering and give me a whole new perspective of the world through the eyes of an engineer.

With the high student diversity and culture around Chicago, I can be exposed to new and meaningful cultures. With over 400 student organizations, I can engage in a lot of interesting activities that I want to do such as kayaking competitions. From Study Breaks to Dance Marathons, the customs and traditions that students do at UChicago help contribute to a sense of a close community. Being like a family, everyone can work together and help each other seek their own unique talents while working individually on projects or homework. I believe that this style of learning and community will help me flourish both personally and intellectually and allow me to discover my own potential in working with others. The unity will provide me with more comfort in expressing my ideas without any problems.
karissa_a16 4 / 94  
There's several grammatical issues, and all that I get from it is that you like engineering. It doesn't say much else about you. Please read my NYU one. Thanks! :D

Home / Undergraduate / Unity will be the catalyst Unversity of Chicago direct learning essay!