THE UNIVERSE IS A BOOK AND I AM READING IT

mualla 19 / 92 28  

What motivates you to learn?

I see the universe as a book. When I read this book of the Universe, it expands my horizons. Knowing about the elements in the Universe, their functions and the harmony among these elements is motivates me to learn. Take for example photosynthesis, the process that uses three elements: sunlight, carbon dioxide and water. How could plants use these unconnected elements to produce oxygen, the most essential element for life? It fascinates me to know that everything in the world, from photosynthesis to the water cycle, all work in all work in relation to each other. Understanding the meaning of life and trying to make sense out of it is my motivation behind learning.
Mualla, I believe that you have gone too broad in your motivation for learning here. The universe is indeed an interesting topic to learn about but I don't think that it is the correct motivation for your learning. In this instance, I think that the motivation for learning should come from a more personal standpoint. For example, your motivation to learn could come from your desire to help the women in your country achieve some sort of independence. Or your motivation to learn would be that you want to inspire the women of your country to rise from the cultural drawbacks that the sexism in your country has created. Usually, the motivation to learn comes from a desire to improve something that you feel is lacking or failing to perform. Having been with you from the very start of your essay development, I believe that you have a much stronger motivation for learning than what you have presented here. I hope that you can consider my suggestion and try to create a more personal reason for learning.
khatanbuuveibold 4 / 8 2  
@mualla
Photosynthesis and the water cycle are both scientific terms, so you would be better off using a specific branch or area of science as a vehicle, rather than the whole universe.

Home / Undergraduate / THE UNIVERSE IS A BOOK AND I AM READING IT