University of British Columbia Essay - How would you describe yourself?

brothify 1 / -  

Tell us about who you are.

How would your family, friends, and/or members of your community describe you? If possible, please include something about yourself that you are most proud of and why. (maximum 250 words)'

My interest in the sciences has only increased throughout high school. Solving competitive problems, going for academic camps, and participating in maths and physics crusades, my classmates always considered me a disciplined learner. Active interaction and guiding with challenging concepts made me a leader figure in the class, which eventually titled me with a school post holder: Sports President. Due to the enthusiastic involvement in the school's football team and sports day, I came under the impression of the sports faculty, which got me recommended for the post.

At home, I am described as an obedient and responsible child. As an extroverted elder brother, I ensure that I successfully inspire my brother. Doing so, I also spend a lot of time with my friends through sports and festive events.

I am most proud of the balance in my life. Indulging in various activities, I affirm that my utmost focus and commitment are dedicated to my studies. Studying is primarily crucial at school, but that does not limit me from indulging in clubs, cultural events, public speaking, athletics, and other voluntary contributions. While doing so, I meet new people, interact, and collaborate for incredible results. Belonging to a group of talented and passionate enthusiasts, I feel motivated to work on projects and challenges. An example of such activity has been innovation challenges: involving science and technology to revolutionize a field, keeping its implementation, commerce, and sustainability in mind. Performing as a team always develops me as a team player.

I am an international student. Please let me know what improvements should I make. Thanks
The reviewer will read this and know that you are writing about yourself, using other people as the reference point. That is not what the reviewer wants to know about. He is not interested in your academic achievements and extra curricular achievements. He wants to get to know you as a person. What is your character in reference to discipline as instilled by your parents in you, how you get along with other people such as friends, and how you function as a team member in a community setting. The proudest achievement should show how managed to blend all of these characters into your personality to create the person you are today. Your response is not applicable to the requirements of the reviewer. Look at the other sample responses to the same prompt at this forum. Those should help you get a better idea as to how to properly respond to this prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / University of British Columbia Essay - How would you describe yourself?