Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Why University of Chicago? One of the BEST!

commonapper 1 / -  
I'm the class of 2018 so it'd be nice if any of you couId answer soon. I accept any critiques, suggestions, and scratch-it-all comments. Thank you very much!!

Prompt: How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.

When I started searching for colleges I had no idea about which college would fit me. I did not even know the University of Chicago, but I had clear that I wanted to go to one of the best. Certainly, the fact that U of C had the best program in physics major interested me, but I could have chosen any other for the same reason. What really attracted my attention was the importance that U of C gives to learning. I could not find information about another college that considered the curiosity for learning to be so essential. However not all in the U of C is about studying. I can keep practicing my favorite hobbies like swimming, dancing, painting or try new experiences while discovering a great city full of opportunities.

The University of Chicago also gives me a future perspective. I want to work in scientific researching and with the KICP and the REU program I would be completely ready for the working world. Not only does the U of C prepare me academically but culturally. Its ethnic diversity can give me an advantage when dealing with people from all over the world while I contribute with my own culture. Definitely, the U of C brings together everything that I am looking for in a college: being able to explore my curiosity for physics, meeting people with different backgrounds, being an active part of the community and knowing that I'm getting ready for my future.

Home / Undergraduate / Why University of Chicago? One of the BEST!