University of Rochester Supplement - Meliora Experience

cooleric 1 / -  
Meliora: ''Ever better'' - The University's motto directs our focus toward continual improvement through learning, discovery, creativity, and enterprising collaborations among people with different points of view. Describe a ''Meliora'' experience from your life.

It has to be no more than 125 words, mine is 123

While at my small, close-knit junior high school, I was considered to be a very talented basketball player. However, that was far from the case when I entered a high school with approximately 2500 other students, many of them athletes. I was devastated after being cut from the freshman basketball team. That was the first time I was exposed to true talent. Over the course of the following year, I practiced every single chance I could. The payoff was tremendous, as I earned myself a spot on the roster the following year. The lesson that I learned in that year is something that I have continued to follow, and always will; remain humble, and when you think you've worked hard enough, keep working.

--E.D.

Thoughts? Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.
mystictiger 5 / 11  
Overall very good. Especially the last sentence which truly sums up your statement.

Home / Undergraduate / University of Rochester Supplement - Meliora Experience