Unpaid Internship at an NGO; USC- Extracurricular activities or work experience

Soubia 1 / 1  
In a short paragraph, please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (250 word limit). I've exceeded the limit, so any suggestions on what I should edit? or add? any input from anyone I'd be grateful for. Thank you!

Last summer my suspicions were confirmed that some jobs are, indeed, created just for you. My most recent work experience was an unpaid internship for a non-profit organization called Green Lifestyles Network. The companies purpose was to create awareness and encourage an environment friendly lifestyle. As an intern, I started from the bottom without much say in any matter. My position required me to conduct research on Eco-friendly products, companies and then write emails persuading companies to sponsor events. I quickly became immersed in this job, I enjoyed the research but quickly realized emailing a potential sponsor wasn't "persuasive" enough. I decided instead of emailing them and getting rejected by them, I would call them and try to convince them. Other than calling them I would also reach out to them through social media sites and find ways to promote them. I quickly learned it was a quid pro quo world, if I wanted a sponsor I needed to promise them something in return. I had to be careful when trying to convince them, I couldn't afford to make promises I couldn't keep. Usually, I would offer a partner promotion through social media sites and blogs. Sometimes I would get by friends or peers, who were majoring in marketing to help promote the sponsors with the skills they had. I would also introduce companies to each other so they would be able to build connections, as well. Fortunately, this worked out smoothly, I was promoted from researcher to Community Outreach Director within two months. Participating in this internship convinced me that I am pursing the correct major and with the proper education I would be allowed to reach my full potential.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Last summer my suspicions were confirmed that some jobs are, indeed, created just for you.

here, I think 'last summer' is a preposition of time, so I suggest you to put comma after summer, this will make the reader easier to understand what do you want to deliver in this essay
bomerr - / 2  
You should focus on your strengths and what you accomplished more, don't draw so much attention to the issues you faced (cuz honestly they are kinda common).
OP Soubia 1 / 1  
Thanks! Any more suggestions? Grammar mistakes?
My most recent work experience was an unpaid internship for a non-profit organization called Green Lifestyles Network.

My most recent work experience was working as a voluntary intern for a NGO called Green Lifestyles Network.

The companies purpose was to create awareness and encourage an environment friendly lifestyle

The objective of this NGO was to promote and build awareness about environment friendly lifestyle.
As an intern, I started had to start from the bottoma scratchwithout much say in any matter.

Home / Undergraduate / Unpaid Internship at an NGO; USC- Extracurricular activities or work experience