UPenn Ess.; name professor you would like to study with / 300-page autobiography

silversweet 6 / 14  
I have written two of them. Still working on the why UPenn essay. Please leave any comments for Grammar as well please
Thank You

Penn offers its undergraduates an eminent faculty and a wealth of research opportunities. Use the space below to name a Penn professor with whom you vwould like to study or conduct research and explain why. - 1000 characters

William F. Hamilton is the professor I would most like to study or research with as he is a management professor at The Wharton School. His expertise is in the area of management in relationship with technology. His insightful articles and research has lead me to seek knowledge and understanding from him. My interest in business as well as computer science fits perfectly with his field. His article "Managing technology as a strategic asset" from International Journal of Technology Management illustrates the exact blend of my interest. I will be keen on learning his insights on the relationship between technology and the corporate world. One aspect which I myself would be eager to research under him is the role of technology and the best way to manage it in global and international business world. My interest ranges from the international and cultural aspects to technology and business. Business and management is a dynamic field which I am passionate to learn about especially under the guidance of William F. Hamilton.

You have just completed your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217. - 3500 characters

The bus was rattling with the slaps from outside. Shouts and shrieks permeated the air. Suddenly it all stopped. The bus stood still. A barricade had been conjured in front of us. The realization hit me only after a while. There they were - innocent, sweet, and rugged little children. They held hands with identical goofy smiles playing on each of their lips. "Nem mehetek" they shouted at us. They were saying "You can't leave" in Hungarian. I looked at them in all their innocence. Was that wall really preventing us from going out or was it protecting the world from coming in? Ironically it seemed that they were protecting us from going into the harsh world. The children had suffered more than us yet they smiled with such compassion and lived life without fear. However, unmistakably, in some of their eyes, especially the young ones, you could see the pain and tragedy.

Good byes were said and tears were shed again as the bus was allowed to slug along into the grim world. The bleakness of the small Romanian town passed by as I gazed outside still contemplating our visit. This was my second visit to this Romanian orphanage. After my first visit with the National Honors Society (NHS) I was eager to come back. It had became one of my goals after being elected as the NHS president. I was still perplexed at the their happy and confident countenance. It had been the most shocking to me in my earlier visit. Too me it seemed that they had given more too me than I had been able to give them. Their strong sense of compassion, love, and trust that they had shocked me to the very core. I had heard heart-wrenching stories about some of the abandoned little boys and girls which I could never have imagined to the perfect little angels. Not only were they strong soles but very accomplished ones at that. They had mastered handicrafts, folk dancing, and were doing very well academically at school where they learned Romanian, Hungarian, and English or German. All of them were mature beyond their ages, taking care of each other and helping around the orphanage in any and every way possible.

We had been able to give them a few presents and few days of love, care, attention and joy. But they had given me a new way to look at the world where not everything has to be so rigid or done for ulterior motives. Their unrelenting spirit and love for people and life is one that we must all carry on in our lives. Sometimes we just need to protect ourselves from the harsh world outside.
His expertise is in the area of management in relationship to technology .

His insightful articles and research have led me to seek knowledge and understanding from him.

His article, "Managing Technology as a Strategic Asset" from International Journal of Technology Management, illustrates the exact blend of my interest.

One aspect which I myself would be eager to research under him is the role of technology and the best way to manage it in the global and international business worlds.

-----------------

A barricade had been erected in front of us.

I was still perplexed by the their happy and confident countenance.

It had been most shocking to me in my earlier visit.

Not only were they strong souls, but very accomplished ones at that.

Nice!

:)
OP silversweet 6 / 14  
Thanks Kevin.
Any comments still appreciated :)
Another UPenn essay.

Describe the courses of study and the unique characteristics of the University of Pennsylvania that most interest you. Why do these interests make you a good match for Penn?

"No, this is too big. That's too small. That's so itchy, it'll give me rashes. Now that just looks funny." Clothes were flying around. It's always hard to find the perfect piece of clothing. It has to be the right style, size and it has to make you feel comfortable and free. But if you think about it, that's exactly the same with university. Sifting through the brochures and the websites, University of Pennsylvania definitely caught my eye.

It fit my style.
It was definitely my size
And it gave me a lot of freedom

The practical approach adopted along with traditional theoretical instruction is one that I find most enriching. In my IB economics class we had a similar experience where we were allowed to make our own business and get involved in all aspects of it such as marketing finance, entrepreneurial, management, and even production. Taking such an approach helped me understand the direct application of economics to the real business and gave me chance to really have a leadership position in problem-solving. Penn's Wharton teaches it students how to think which I believe is more important than giving answers since the world is never predictable. Through Penn's style of teaching, I will definitely feel more confident and ready to go out into the world as leader ready to solve problems.

The large and diverse student community offers great possibilities. Coming from an international school I cherish diversity. It provides a great learning experience and broadens horizons. I will be able to contribute to this multi-cultural experience as well as gain from it. Penn's location in the fourth-largest urban city of Philadelphia also opens many opportunities to explore. The historical and commercial city connection with Penn helps students give back to the community while at the same time learning from it.

Penn's flexible curriculum, research opportunities, and wide range of activities allow me to be who I am and allow me space to grow in all areas of my interest. At Penn I can double major in cross-disciplinary subjects such as computer science and business while following my passion for dance. I can play on the women's volleyball and tennis teams and can even try horseback riding, a sport I always been keen to try. Penn also allows me to continue my participation in Habitat for Humanity and provide insights in the many international communities. Penn offers so much and is so flexible in all areas that I would thoroughly enjoy expanding my borders.

I can easily imagine myself sitting in Levy Park reading while my black Penn hoodie kept me warm against the spring breeze.
I could not find an error til the very end!!

:)

I can easily imagine myself sitting in Levy Park reading while my black Penn hoodie keeps me warm against the spring breeze.

Also, maybe you should change it to "keeps me shielded from the"

Home / Undergraduate / UPenn Ess.; name professor you would like to study with / 300-page autobiography