UPenn Why Us (5 points)

shok 2 / 2  
Hello,

Here are some scattered reasons why I'm interested in Penn. I'm still working on putting them together, but I'm also sure that I made some structural/grammar mistakes.

I'll be glad if you can make any suggestions... Thanks

Environment: Being located in the city of Philadelphia, where is the sixth most populous city in the United States of America, the campus of Penn represents the world. More than 10,000 undergraduates are enrolled, and there are people from diverse and unique cultures. Meeting different people everyday sounds exciting. I believe learning in such a big community gives a global perspective that helps me become a well-rounded person.

Research Opportunity: Holding 174 institutes with more than 4,200 faculty and 5,400 support assistants, Penn's rich availability of research is what makes Penn unique. Rather than just teaching what's in the book, Penn values the actual hands-on activities, which make students become curious and active learners. In such place like Penn, students have no difficulty finding answers for their questions.

Extracurricular Activities: I believe school is not all about studying. It's also a place where students have the opportunities to get involved in services of their interest which can benefit their community and help them grow as the individuals. I am impressed by the fact that approximately 12,000 Penn students are motivated, taking advantage of more than 300 difference activities.

Leadership in Engineering: Becoming an engineer is my childhood dream. To me, engineering is a crucial subject because everything around us is made by engineers: chairs, desks, and even pens. Engineering is a fundamental of our lives, especially in this twenty-first century when we're always looking for more convenience. Penn's prestige and dedication to engineering fields intrigues me and I believe Penn will offer me everything I expect to learn with numerous award-winning faculty and academic opportunities.

"The Spirit of Innovation": This short slogan tells me the freedom Penn offers to its students. In order to bring the changes and improvements to the society, different ideas are necessary; and they cannot be contrived with constraints. Penn encourages its students to freely seek the new possibilities, and produces creative liberal thinkers for the next generation. I strongly agree with Penn's policy and it's an ideal place for me to learn.
Meeting different people every day sounds exciting. I believe learning in such a big community gives a global perspective that will help me become a well-rounded person.

Research Opportunity: Holding 174 institutes with more than 4,200 faculty and 5,400 support assistants, Penn's rich availability of research is what makes it unique.

At Penn, students have no difficulty finding answers for their questions.

Engineering is fundamental in our lives, especially in this twenty-first century when we're always looking for convenience.

Penn's prestige and dedication to engineering fields intrigues me and I believe Penn will offer me everything I expect to learn with its numerous award-winning faculty and academic opportunities.

:)

Kevin

Home / Undergraduate / UPenn Why Us (5 points)