Upenn Professor ESSAY ("great relationship with teachers")

dididadix 1 / 2  
Name a Penn Professor with who you would like to study or conduct research with, explain why.

Here is mine, it's kind of short but Thats all I could write. Critiques Please

I have always had a great relationship with teachers who I can relate to.Whether it was discussing the latest Bollywood movies with my Indian physics teacher or only speaking French with Madame Polaski; I love being able to identify with my instructors. This special bond not only enables me to love their subject more, but it also makes me feel like an individual and not just another student.

If I had the opportunity to study or research with any professor at University of Pennsylvania, it would without a doubt be Cheikh Anta Babou, Professor of History. There is not another professor I could better relate with than Professor Babou. I , myself being from Senegal and of Islamic religion; it would be easy to identify with Professor Babou. It would be a privilege to work with Professor Babou in a project where I would be able to give back to our mother country and its inhabitants. I hope to be able to attend the University of Pennsylvania, and above all to meet and work with professor Cheikh Anta Babou.
paradox 6 / 17  
The character limit is 1000.

Thats mroe then enough I think.
amy 5 / 39  
You need to talk more about why you chose that particular professor. All you talk about is your common ethnicity and religion with her, which is not enough. Is there any type of research she is conducting that interests you? What interests you about history? You need to go way more in depth.
JSnyder726 2 / 6  
In the first sentence it should be,

I have always had a great relationship with teachers whom I can relate to.

Not sure if it's really important, but I've had it drilled into my head, so it stood out.
sportsguy884 3 / 10  
im also applying to penn and i have no idea about any teacher that i would want to study with, where did you come up with yours?
OP dididadix 1 / 2  
You can go to this website and they'll give you a list of professors at SAS and their work etc.. Here it is: sas.upenn.edu/home/faculty.html
I have always had a great relationship with teachers to whom I can relate.

There is not another professor I could better relate to than Professor Babou.

GOOD!!!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / Upenn Professor ESSAY ("great relationship with teachers")