Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

UPenn and Wharton School - the unique characteristics

daasian2 2 / -  
Sorry for posting two essays, but I'm doing many essays at the same time and I want as much critique as possible

Describe the courses of study and the unique characteristics of the University of Pennsylvania that most interest you. Why do these interests make you a good match for Penn?

Several times when I am alone, thinking about colleges, I think about one school more than all the others: the University of Pennsylvania, but specifically, Wharton School. There are so many great points about the University of Pennsylvania that I cannot possibly state them all. There is the fact that the University of University is in an urban setting makes my schooling even more exciting. I can imagine being in Philadelphia, with so many of the nation's task force milling around me, anxious to get to work. The energy that the people exhibit as they go to work simply makes me excited about the rest of the day too. I can see the Independence National Historic Park, with visitors looking at the relic of the American history, the Liberty Bell. And not only people going to see relics of American history; people just relaxing and having fun at the park. I am excited to be one of those few that go to the park after a hard day's of school and enjoying the sunset and the evening breeze. The Wharton School is perfectly placed so that it is nigh impossible not to wish to go there.

Not only am I attracted to the atmosphere of the University of Pennsylvania, but I am also attracted to the courses of study at Wharton School. I wish to study to become an actuary, and Wharton is listed as having one of the best Actuarial Science programs, not to mention it is one of the best schools period. I can imagine sitting down in class everyday, waiting for the world-class teacher to come and teach us what they know. Actuarial Science's core is in mathematics and in business, which I am very interested in, and is the prime reason why I chose this profession. Because of my affection for these two subjects, I will strive to become the top of the class in every single course, because only in this way will I ever be truly exemplary.

I would be able to help others in mathematics, which is a necessary component of Actuarial Science. I would help the mathematics community because mathematics is simply my best subject. On my SATs, I received an 800 on the math section. I also received an 800 on the SAT Math I and an 800 on the SAT Math II. I also plan to take the AP tests for Calculus and Statistics, so that I can get a further head start in my education in this wonderful school. With my love for mathematics, I would volunteer to help tutor other people should they need ever rise because I believe I should help the community in any way possible.

Not only do the courses attract me, the clubs at Wharton attract me too. The world is an expanding global market, so people must interact with other people throughout the world. Getting to the point, I can speak in three different dialects of Chinese. I would gain more knowledge about the business world by joining the Wharton China Association. I would become a very active member, talking with important people in China in order to accomplish the tasks the club creates. I simply cannot let this rare opportunity slip past my life.

Everyday, I dream that I will go into this great school. Philadelphia is truly a beautiful place with great history and a nice view. Wharton contains an excellent actuarial science program and the school in general is wonderful. I would help the mathematical community with my love for math and the Wharton China Association with my knowledge of the Chinese language. I know simple wishing does not get anyone anywhere, but I believe that I have worked hard enough to get into this prestigious school of Pennsylvania.

Home / Undergraduate / UPenn and Wharton School - the unique characteristics