'Useful for society and for my family' - Purdue University!

apv 3 / 7  
Hello! Please help me to correct any misspelling or grammar mistakes in my Purdue University essay, I would really thankful if you could dedicate some of your valuable time into it, as the essay is nearly 1000 words long. Also, I would be grateful if you could tell me if you have any ideas of which title can I give to my "autobiography". And also if you have any suggestions to make it better, any kind of criticism is welcome! Thanks to everyone!

Prompt: Envision yourself near the end of a fulfilling, lifelong career and you just published your autobiography. Share the title and introduction.

Essay:

I remember when I was just a small boy. My family, at that time, was just like any other: Upper Middle Class, Mom and Dad, Three Children, a beautiful home in a friendly neighborhood; it was all happiness.

We lived in San Francisco de Campeche, A small city located in the southeast of Mexico, full of vibrating people and a vast diverse culture; The perfect environment for a kid to grow in.

I will tell you that, at that time, it was all fun and friends for me, like the other kids. But I started to show some different behavior. I loved to appreciate small things, such as bugs or plants, and most of all, animals; but, if there is something that still brings sparkles to my eyes, that would be my father, whom at the time owned five different movie stores, always sitting with me to watch a variety of films.

From action to drama, and adventure to science fiction, I remembered how I was always fascinated by those amazing stories, how varied and different could the world be, and how I wanted to visit all those different places, so I could maybe be a cowboy, or maybe an astronaut, and why not be Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars film. This is what gave birth to one of my all life passions, my passion for the cinema, something that is still with me nowadays.

As my life progressed, my bygone childhood was only the proving ground for my passions to be developed in. I dedicated my free time to cinema along with my father, and also to watch documentaries and programs on the television and read magazines about all different kinds of animals and plants. This encouraged me to learn more about them both, at the point of filming my own movies and doing field research for rare specimens of plants and animals.

But something tragic happened when I was only 7 years old, something that would change my life forever, and for good: I got hit by a car. It caused serious damage to my then small boy's body. In the accident, my two right leg bones (tibia and fibula) were broken in two, and my nasal bone was wholly destroyed. This made me feel closer than ever to death, but thankfully, the doctors were able to fix all of the damage that the accident caused. I gained a new attitude towards life, and I got this whole new idea of how beautiful it is, and, unfortunately, we can only understand this when we are on the edge of death. I also acquired a life-long admiration for doctors and medicine in general. All of the different tools and diagnoses that doctors can conclude based on what they knew about my condition, it made me want to be such a valuable and helpful individual like them, someone that saves lives, important for society and respected by everyone.

After that previous tragic event of my childhood, my teenage years finally arrived, and my years as a kid were just memories. My passion for cinema grew even more inside of me, and I developed different hobbies as well. I remember that, in my free time, I used to sell different stuff to the other boys in the school, something that I also did when I was a kid, but not so avidly. Arranging from bugs to candy, from old toys to sports cards; This bartering facet of myself was only one of the abilities that I gain with time, and I did it not for money, I did it mainly because of that strange rewarding feeling that you get when you do something that helps other people, and at the same time makes you an important man in society.

Experiences came and went, but they all served for a higher purpose: Construct me as an individual and as a useful an important person in the society and for my family. At this point of my life, during my high school years, it all came together. I acquired a love for chemistry, thanks to my chemistry professor, who led me into this world that combined one of my old passions, plants and animals, and my love for chemistry to create a new one, my acquired devotion to Biochemistry; it amazed how life was formed in so many different fascinating ways.

I still remember the time I enrolled as a college student like if it had just happened yesterday. I had worked so hard at high school at that time, as I wanted to be a doctor, a profession that grew in my after that tragic accident that marked me forever. I wanted to enroll in a university outside of my beloved home country, Mexico. And I wanted to do it for the sake of my future and I had to make some sacrifices in order to pursue a career in medicine, and I could not be more proud of myself for doing so.

After months of looking and selecting universities, I finally decided for Purdue University. I chose it from among all the universities because of several reasons: The beautiful city where it is was located, the opportunities that it offered for International students like myself, and because I could achieve my life-long dream of being a doctor, I could have unlimited access to a rich base of knowledge and facilities for me to learn more and be prepared for the challenges that medicine itself comes with.

And so I did. I finally went onto Purdue, to pursue a major in Chemistry -Biochemistry, to then join a School of Medicine. And here I am now; Because of my work and commitment with my career, I achieved not only success in my hometown and internationally, I also gained respect, importance in society, and the affection of the people that I met throughout my life as a doctor. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change one single thing.
soufianelaouad 3 / 29  
ask yourself if anybody else can write this essay if not you succeeded

other than that, Amazing Work !
I am a high school student who wants to pursue Electrical or mechanical engineering at Purdue Next year.
Please look at the Last essay I just posted its about engineering and my future at purdue
thank you

Home / Undergraduate / 'Useful for society and for my family' - Purdue University!