UVA Essay: Discuss something you secretly like but pretend not to, or vice versa.

redskinsman95 1 / 1  
Prompt: Discuss something you secretly like but pretend not to, or vice versa.

Essay:

Okay, so I vowed I would never reveal this to anyone, but here it goes: I love brownies. There it is, on paper, available for my guidance counselor, English teacher, and you, the admissions officer, to read and laugh at. But oh my goodness, I really don't even care now. Brownies are and always have been my Achilles heel. They are the reason I spent 10 years of my life as a corpulent, multi-chinned, size XXL "little" boy. Though I have since thinned down, my love for those moist, chocolaty, cakey squares of Heaven has prevailed. Unlike those of my family, healthy-eating campaigns and anti-obesity ads have not immunized my five senses from recognizing the irresistible nature of brownies: the "fresh out of the oven" aroma, the sight of the gooey batter sun-bathing under the oven light, the baby-skin-smooth texture and warmth, the whispering of the steam, and last but not least the explosion of flavor when my teeth sink into the chewy mass. So why do I hide my love for these delectable treats? As a football player, I am required to stay on a nutritious diet throughout the entire year! Instead of admitting to my friends I'm on a diet, I conceal my love by giving off the impression I do not like brownies. I do not want to get in trouble with my coach, nor do I wish for my friends to think I eat too much junk food and am still that pudgy child. Maybe I am too self-conscious about these things, but as someone once said: "All fun things are either illegal, immoral, or fattening."
... the baby-skin-smooth texture and warmth, the whispering of the steam, and last but not least, the explosion of flavor when my teeth sink into the chewy mass.

I could hardly find anything to edit. I really like the way you write, it's funny and well worded. It shows your personality and sense of humor. Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / UVA Essay: Discuss something you secretly like but pretend not to, or vice versa.