"Oh" - UVA (your fav word)

mk415 5 / 4  
B. What is your favorite word? And why?

Oh is a word that single handedly expresses acknowledgement, surprise, excitement, or fears in one outburst. For me, I see it to be a medium that adapts to any situation and retorts back with an opinion of its own. Opinionated in nature inside and outside the classroom, I always seem to find myself voicing my ideas to respond to any situation, let it be a question relating to the choice of my breakfast cereal or the sanity of Shakespeare. OH!?. I seek to respond to the challenges that life offers me with a voice of my own, whether it trails behind periods, exclamation or question marks.

In addition, Oh's flexibility to change its tone about any subject is one trait I seek to hone to become a person accredited with tolerance. The big endless O seems to represent numerous opportunities of surprise and fears I must face to connect with others and grow intellectually. Oh is my reaction to whatever life throws at me and I plan to reply with the voice of curiosity and enthusiasm of Eun Ju Kim.
ohreally 8 / 20  
"Oh" is a word that ...

Really funny essay
I LMAO at "OH!?" haha

Great job!
Angela629 9 / 86  
This essay is pretty funny, I guess you can call it special.

The Oh is a very special word since it has countless meanings.

I think you did a very good job in depicting the word, good luck with your application.

angela
bmaffei432 - / 5  
nice idea and good description. The word you picked definitely has some flexibility, especially when you say it different ways.

Home / Undergraduate / "Oh" - UVA (your fav word)