Vacation should be memorable and meaningful, hence it need to be longer rather than short one.

Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year. Others believe that students should have several short vacations throughout the year. Which viewpoint do you agree with?

Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year. Others believe that students should have several short vacations throughout the year. Which viewpoint do you agree with?Students these days would rather spend time on long vacation because vacation is all about memories and relishing external facts. That is why, I am joining the other community members in having a long vacation.

Vacation is the time when people want to rest after a long day of hard work. It can be anything such as honeymoon or just a simple voyage. The majority of people consider that their vacation must be meaningful and memorable, because it is going to be a really boring vacation without those feelings. Therefore, the only vacation that can satisfy people needs is a long one. By way of illustration, imagine yourself visiting many countries around the world. Obviously, you will be taking numerous pictures. Moreover, you will obtain lots additional knowledge that might be useful in any moment. You will encounter a variety of people from different ethnicities. Conversing with them in their language. Discovering many types of food and how does it taste. All those aforementioned experiences are only obtainable if you have a long vacation. In fact, short vacation cannot cover all your satisfaction up.

Relishing the real vacation is the essential part of our life. You cannot acquire it by having some short-terms vacations. A short vacation can only give you the opportunity visiting your grandparents' cottage or staying at home playing computer games and so on. It does not contain something outstanding. It is quite monotone. Surely, having a short vacation is not the case for people who want to enjoy their break time. To clarify it, envision yourself possessing one week's vacation. Undoubtedly, what can you do with that one week? I assume you will ether decide to stay at home or just basically visiting some place nearby. It applies mostly on every single student.

It is because of the aforementioned reasons that I firmly accredit having a long vacation is better for students. A proper vacation must be memorable and meaningful. Hence, it should be a long vacation instead of a short vacation.

Please check my essay thoroughly ;D thanks for attentions
Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year. Others believe that students should have several short vacations throughout the year. Which viewpoint do you agree with?Students these days would rather spend time on long vacation because vacation is all about memories and relishing external facts. That is why, I am joining the other community members in having a long vacation .

- Vns, did you really mean to restate the prompt in its totality as a question? Did you really not have any intention of rephrasing it into a statement for your introduction?

- Students would rather spend their time on long vacations because vacations are all about creating memories and trying to apply to practical lessons learned at school. That is why... in their stance of supporting longer vacation time.

Vacation is the time when people want to rest after a long day of hard work

- Vacation is the time when people want to rest after long months of working hard.
- Vns, a weekend, is different from a vacation. A weekend is only 2-3 days. A vacation is at least 1 week.

By way of illustration, imagine yourself visiting many countries around the world.

- When describing a situation, it is best to appeal to a reader's imagination by saying "Imagine if you will", rather than "By Illustration" which makes a casual essay sound very formal and academic.

Conversing with them in their language .

- You might even pick up a new language as you learn to converse with the natives of the country.
- Don't assume that you already know and will be fluent in the language of the country you will be visiting.

and how does it taste .

-... how it tastes .

or staying at home playing computer games and so on

To clarifyit, envision yourself possessing one week's vacation.

You cannot acquire it by having some short-terms vacations

Undoubtedly, what can you do with that one week?

- What can you do...

I assume you will ether decide to stay at home or just basically visiting some place nearby. It applies mostly on every single student.

- Your likely choices as to stay home or visit a nearby place. Choices that apply to most students on vacation.

]It is because of the aforementioned reasons that I firmly accredit[ having a long vacation is better[/s for students. A proper vacation must be memorable and meaningful. Hence, it should be a long vacation instead of a short vacation.

- ... that I firmly support...
OP Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Vangiespen, I can use will after if?
Vns, yes you can. It is part of the advanced English language usage rules. Beginners follow a specific set of writing and speaking rules, intermediate have another set, and those of advanced or almost native speaker level, have the most freedom to get creative with their use of the English language. You will find that as your advance in your grasp and knowledge of the English language that the rules will begin to relax for you in the written and spoken sense. However, that kind of leeway only comes with years of extensive practice because you have to be able to identify when you can be creative in the use of the English language and when you should not. If you continue to practice your essay writing, you will find that the opportunity to use certain relaxed grammatical rules will eventually present itself. Knowing when and how to use it though, is something else. The way I used the term "Imagine if you will" is something that is acceptable in creative English writing. I found it applicable to the situation you described so I thought of suggesting its use.

Home / Undergraduate / Vacation should be memorable and meaningful, hence it need to be longer rather than short one.