Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Values as components of our lives - Florida State Admissions Essay

sjj315 1 / -  
Values are the components of our life that we follow and live by and they make us who we are as people. The three words Vires, Artes, and Mores all have values that reflect on my life and make me the person that I am. Although some a little more than others, which is why I chose the word Vires. The word Vires has been tested many times in my life,

Vires means strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual. And those characteristics are important to me because they make me who I am. I have physical and moral strength in the fact that I'm an incredibly hard worker and I constantly try my best to attain my goals. From the time when I was in eighth grade I have had a summer job, and since my sophomore year I have had a job that I worked throughout the school year, which taught me to become a more morally and physically strong person. Working as a caddy really made me become a more physically and morally strong person,

because it was such tough work, everyday of the summer I would wake up at 6:30 in the morning, and then ride my bike to the country club that I worked at and carry a 50 pound bag on my shoulder for five hours well still being extremely polite and attentive. It also made me more morally strong, because even though I wanted to sleep in every morning, I would still get up and go to work, because I knew I made a commitment, and I never brake commitments.

Another value in the word Vires that is important to me is intellectual strength. My grades show that I have intellectual abilities, but being intelligent isn't just shown in grades. I believe I am an intellectually strong person, because of the fact that I grew out of all of my learning disabilities. Throughout my whole life I have always had to be in classes for kids with learning disabilities because I have ADHD. At my high school the class for kids with learning disabilities was called Comp Skills. I had to go to Comp Skills everyday to do my homework and to study with a small group of people instead of having a free period. But then last year I found out that I was done with the class because I had achieved all my learning goals set for me in high school a year and a half early. I was told that it is very rare for someone to achieve all their learning goals in high school. And I did it a year and a half early, which proves I can overcome any goals set for me and I am intellectually strong.

The word Vires is essential in my everyday life, and therefore important to me. I am physically, morally, and intellectually strong and ready for the challenges that await for me at Florida State University.

Home / Undergraduate / Values as components of our lives - Florida State Admissions Essay