Values, physical strenght, well-being: FSU essay on the values of "Vires"

hn07 2 / 1  
Prompt: -The Latin words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual; Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art; and Mores refers to character, custom, or tradition. Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

Essay:
Everyone has different values in life, and these values differentiate a person from their peers. Without our own individual values, I believe that everyone would be the same and there would be no diversity. In my life, I believe that "Vires" is a Latin concept that is a big part of my everyday life and represents the person I have become.

Strength can come in many forms. To be morally strong is, in my opinion, and important quality to have. I have faith in my moral beliefs and I feel like I have the strength to uphold these beliefs. I know what is right and I am not afraid to take a stand for what I believe in. In my life I have dealt with things that others would only experience in their nightmares, and I feel like these experiences have made me a stronger person. I no longer let people be pushed around or watch someone being treated badly. I have a new understanding of what is right and wrong and I will always fight for what I believe is right.

Physical strength is also an important value to uphold, and in my life I like to believe I am physically strong. I like to work out and keep myself in good shape so I can take on any of life's obstacles. Being physically strong isn't just about "looking good"; it's about taking care of yourself and your wellbeing.

The strength I value most, however, is my intellectual strength. I fell that having strong intellect can get you the farthest in life. In my life, I use my intellect in everything, from school, to work, to hanging out with my friends. To have strong intellect means to have the mental capacity and the ability to reason, make plans, solve problems, and think abstractly. If you have intellectual strength, you can pretty much do anything in life and contribute greatly in society. With that, I feel that my intellectual strength is my most valued characteristic.

Although people may have different perceptions on values, I believe that most can appreciate FSU's philosophy, "Vires, Artes, Mores". For me, Vires is a predominant value in my life and will always be present within me.
In my life, I believe that "Vires" is a Latin concept that is a big part of my everyday life and represents the person I have become.

Life is repeated in a redundant way here:
Be confidently succinct: In my life, I believe that "Vires" is a Latin concept that is a big part of my everyday life and represents the person I have become.

But don't say "latin concept"
"Vires" is a big part of my everyday life and represents the person I have become, in the sense that ______________. -----now that we cut out the fluff, you have room to add some real substance to the sentence. Give a few words that sum up the way vires is reflected in your life.

Physical strength is also an important value to uphold, --- no, not a value.
...and in my life I like to believe I am physically strong.--- no, no, don't include this.

I fell feel that having strong intellect can get you the farthest in life.

I want you to think of five profound ideas that you want to share with the reader about vires. Do it with an idea of wanting to benefit the reader by sharing your ideas. These 5 ideas must be important ones, so important that you feel the need to include them all in this short essay. What are your 5 most important ideas about strength?

hint: I bet at least 2 of them have some influence over the decisions you are making about chosen major and career.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Values, physical strenght, well-being: FSU essay on the values of "Vires"