'Varna za mladite' & volunteering initiatives; AUBG /Global perspective

firedesi0906 1 / -  
Essay by Desislava Lokmadzhieva
I learned about the AUBG when I was in the 11th grade of high school. A girl - student of that university was invited to our class to tell us more about the university itself, the process of applying and the majors which are offered there. I was really glad to learn that there is such university in Bulgaria with teachers from all over the world with great experience. I was also delighted that this university, located in Blagoevgrad, is among the top places in the lists of the best ones in my country. Furthermore, a great percent of AUBG graduates have a job before their graduation.

During my years at school I took part in a few non-study-related activities. I am still part of the Student Council whose main purpose to assist our life in High school. We also conduct different campaigns such as 'Anti AIDS' , 'Safe Sex' , 'Life without discrimination' etc. Another club I participate in is The Student Library Council. We often raise money for new books by cooking and selling the food for charity in school. We are one of the main reasons for our library's rich and contemporary collection of books. Undoubtedly I will look forward to be involved in similar activities in AUBG because I enjoy what I do and I consider it very helpful.

Since 2009 I have been a part of the charity organization 'Varna za mladite' and I have taken upon a few volunteering initiatives. I have helped in the ethnographic museum and the history museum of Varna. After that I was invited by the History museum of Varna to help with the organization of one of their events - talent week, in which every night there was a concert performed by young people. I had a 2 week work experience in Radio Varna, after which I was offered a position as a host of the youth show 'Svoboden chas' on Radio Varna. I accepted the offer and I am proud to say that for 4 years now I am part of the team of that show. Undoubtedly these activities have developed my social and public responsibility. I believe that the educational system of AUBG is both effective and fascinating. There is a large diversity of activities outside of class, which are in favor of students' abilities development and make the life there pleasant and beneficial. For a socially engaged person like me this is a huge priority. Being part of a club or participating in an event organization or campaign would be a pleasure for me. All this advantages provide many opportunities for my future. What AUBG offers its students is much more than the other universities in my country.

Another thing I like about that university, being a part of the large network of American universities located in many different countries has wide open doors to everywhere for its students. I have always desired to study, live and get life experience abroad. That's why I want to have my major in AUBG. My academic achievements would be accepted and relevant outside Bulgaria because the system of the education which I will lead, choosing AUBG as my university, is known mainly there. And planning to continue having deeper activities connected with technologies, my current studying program in high school, I am sure that at this university I will receive an excellent preparation, will be aware of the technologies standards known abroad and in the same time I will be near home.

There are moments in my life which make me feel grown up. Every time I think about my academic future I feel different. I assume it as one big step in my development. That's why it is very important for me to be at the right university. Having in my mind my motives and personal qualities I am certain that AUBG is the right university for me. Being a student of High school of mathematics in Varna, I have learned to work in a team and successfully defend what I think and what I believe. If I am given a chance to continue my education in the AUBG, I will be able to learn and live in the best campus in my country. This is also a good opportunity for my future development and successful career.
Olesya 5 / 12 1  
Another thing I like about that university, being a part of the large network of American universities located in many different countries has wide open doors to everywhere for its students.

I would say smth like this: Another thing I like about this University is that as a part of a large network it has a great opportunity for students to go studying to another country.

I am still part of the Student Council whose main purpose to assist our life in High school.

I am a member of a Student Council whose main purpose is to manage various students' problems in High school.

We often raise money for new books by cooking and selling the food for charity in school.

We often conduct fund-raising activities such as cooking and selling the food for charity in school to help our Library

Undoubtedly I will look forward to be involved in similar activities in AUBG because I enjoy what I do and I consider it very helpful.

I am looking forward to be involved in similar activities in AUBG because I enjoy what I do and I consider it very helpful.

Since 2009 I have been a part

Since 2009 I have been a member

I have helped in the ethnographic museum

to help with the organization of one of their events - talent week, in which every night there was a concert performed by young people.

to help conducting a Talent Week, in which there was a concert performed every night by young talented people.

I had a 2 week work experience in Radio Varna, after which I was offered a position as a host of the youth show 'Svoboden chas' on Radio Varna.

Further, I had a 2 week work experience on Radio Varna, where I was onwards offered a position of a host on the youth show 'Svoboden chas' on Radio Varna.

Something like this, try to check all the rest attentively)
I learned about the AUBG when I was in the 11th grade of high school. A girl - student of that university was invited to our class to tell us more about the university itself, the process of applying and the majors which are offered there.

I first learned about AUBG when I listened to a student who had been invited to our class to talk about the university, its courses and the admission process.

I was really glad to learn that there is such university in Bulgaria with teachers from all over the world with great experience.

I was quite amazed to learn that there is such high standard university in Bulgaria with an excellent academic staff representing many corners of the world.

. I was also delighted that this university, located in Blagoevgrad,which is among the top places in the lists of the best one s in my country. Furthermore, a great percent of AUBG graduates have a job before their graduation.

I wish you improve the tone of your essay... Add more emotions and feelings to your writing to make it sound more interesting.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Varna za mladite' & volunteering initiatives; AUBG /Global perspective