"Being on Varsity Song" - activity Common app short answer

chalasasha 3 / 5  
Prompt is to expand on an extracurriculur in 150 words max. Any help would be appreciated.

On the first day of pep squad try-outs, my coach said something I will never forget: "You are signing up for a job you do not get paid for." Being on Varsity Song this year, I can surely attest to this statement. I have learned more about professionalism in half a year on Cheer and Song than I have learned in my entire life. When attending events, our motto is that if you are five minutes early, you are on time and when you are on time, you are late. I have come to appreciate this structure I had originally deemed unnecessary. I have become stronger in cheering and dancing and am more confident in performing because of it. Apart from leading me to befriend people I never would have thought I would befriend, pep squad has taught me to be more punctual, responsible, and professional in all of my endeavors.

Thank you!
NeilYang 1 / 6  
I will never

I would never

When attending events, our motto is that if you are five minutes early, you are on time and when you are on time, you are late.

I think you can consider rewriting this sentence.

Besides, you have written too many "have"s...try to deversify your sentences and it will look better

Good luck
Let's keep this parallel by using the same word, when, both times:
...is that if when you are five minutes early, you are on time and when you are on time, you are late.

Too much focus on punctuality. It is a great essay, because it is so focused, but you do have the option to add an element other than professionalism. Professionalism is part of it, but so are emotional self-regulation, communication, and the ability to muster up energy to share with others.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Being on Varsity Song" - activity Common app short answer