Vassar "What aspects do you find appealing"

serendipity123 3 / 5  
Here's my reponse to the prompt "How did you learn about Vassar and what aspects do you find appealing?"
Thank you!

There are many "I want"s after taking Vassar's virtual tour on the internet.

I want to walk into Main Building, see the inside of this modern and historic landmark, and discover how this building has witnessed the start and perfection of Vassar education. I want to sit in Thompson Library and read for a quiet afternoon, while the sunshine leaks in through the Cornaro Window, illuminating the hall and the mind. I want to walk in Skinner Hall of Music and bring the traditional music from my hometown in there. I want to drink a fresh smoothie from The Atrium and stay happy for a whole day. I want to live in Noyes House and one day experience the different living style in South Commons. I want to take a stroll in Shakespeare Garden and breathe the fragrance of the plants. Oh! And I want to lie on the lawn along the Sunset Lake and read some favorite novels there in the afternoon...

For one simple virtual tour, I feel like that I have belonged to this place. The stunning scenery at Vassar is absolutely one of the many important factors that have been driving me to apply. Spending four years at this place would certainly be a wonderful, unforgettable memory in my life.

For my part, I have been interested in international studies since the beginning of my high school. And I found that Vassar offers international studies and adds some specialties to this multidisciplinary program. The foreign language requirement and the study away requirement sound very reasonable, and these requirements offer myriad opportunities. Another good thing about international studies at Vassar is that the program is multidisciplinary, meaning I can learn study different specific areas while focusing on international studies. This is an advantage in undergraduate studies and I am glad Vassar owns it.

Life after Vassar is another topic that I am concerned. However, after watching that YouTube video "Meet the class of 2008" in which many graduates answered the question "What are you doing after graduation?", I see that there is indeed a life after Vassar, and that life is usually diversified and fulfilling. Going to graduate schools, teaching in Asian countries, volunteering, working, traveling... These are all experiences that students can apply their Vassar education to. What is more, I know that life after Vassar is not just about schools and work. It is about lifelong friendships, formed personality and unforgettable memories.

I sincerely hope that one day, I may be able to walk into Vassar College and spend my four years there. I will get to walk every inch in Vassar; I will get to know people-to understand them, to learn from them, to discover them; I will get to know myself from a different perspective at Vassar, and make my potential perform to the best...I have dreams in Vassar, and hope these dreams come true.
Wow, great first sentence:

I want to walk into Main Building, see the inside of this modern and historic landmark, and discover how this building has witnessed the start and perfection of Vassar education.

You are cool! :

I want to sit in Thompson Library and read for a quiet afternoon, while the sunshine leaks in through the Cornaro Window, illuminating the hall and the mind.

I want to walk in Skinner Hall of Music and bring the traditional music from my hometown in there. I want to drink a fresh smoothie from The Atrium and stay happy for a whole day. I want to live in Noyes House and one day experience the different living style in South Commons. I want to take a stroll in Shakespeare Garden and breathe the fragrance of the plants. Oh! And I want to lie on the lawn along the Sunset Lake and read some favorite novels there in the afternoon...

Wow, finally a break from your perfection:

For one simple virtual tour, I feel that I have belonged to this place.

All this below is good:

The stunning scenery at Vassar is absolutely one of the many important factors that have been driving me to apply. Spending four years at this place would certainly be a wonderful, unforgettable memory in my life.

For my part, I have been interested in international studies since the beginning of my high school. I found that Vassar offers international studies and adds some specialties to this multidisciplinary program. The foreign language requirement and the study away requirement sound very reasonable, and these requirements offer myriad opportunities. Another good thing about international studies at Vassar is that the program is multidisciplinary, meaning I can learn study different specific areas while focusing on international studies. This is an advantage in undergraduate studies and I am glad Vassar owns it.

Life after Vassar is another topic with which I am concerned. However, after watching that YouTube video, "Meet the class of 2008," in which many graduates answered the question, "What are you doing after graduation? " I see that there is indeed a life after Vassar, and that life is usually diversified and fulfilling. ...

Nice job! You will do well!!
Echo 10 / 14  
I like your "I want" part...
EF_Constance - / 143  
For my part, I have been interested in international studies since the beginning of my high school. I found that Vassar offers international studies and adds some specialties to this multidisciplinary program.

Life after Vassar is another topic that I am concerned; however , after watching that YouTube video "Meet the class of 2008" in which many graduates answered the question "What are you doing after graduation?", I see that there is indeed a life after Vassar, and that life is usually diversified and fulfilling.

You are a great writer. Every sentence was simply amazing. You are destined to go to this school if you write so passionately about it. I love that you showed the school that you know so much about them.
Echo 10 / 14  
I think you did a great job. I'll keep my finger crossed for you!

Home / Undergraduate / Vassar "What aspects do you find appealing"