'A veterinarian from Mountain View' - Stanford... why is it a good place for me?

erika14 3 / 5  
QUESTION: Tell us what makes Stanford a good place for you.

Alright I think this is the final one.. I took out the entire part about the beach, and added alot more about the school. Thanks a ton for the comments... I agree. And they really help alot!

Stanford is a great place for me because I feel comfortable at the location, because a fun and relaxing day is close by, and because graduating with a Stanford degree will best prepare me for my future.

I was born and lived in Mountain View, California for the first part of my life. I currently live in Denver, Colorado. I visit California every summer, usually twice, and when I go there I feel at home. I am really comfortable in California, and I know that while I'm at Stanford, I will feel at ease, and not miss my home in Denver as much as if I went to another college.

Stanford's feel of a home-away-from-home is very reassuring for me; however, the number one reason I am looking forward to attending Stanford is because it is the college that can help me become most prepared for my future. After graduating with an undergraduate degree, I am planning on continuing school to become a Veterinarian.

I believe Stanford is the school that can best prepare me for the challenges and competition I will meet in my graduate program because it is such a high ranked school and has top professors. The opportunities Stanford holds for me; research labs, Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winning professors, and the brilliant student body I will have the chance to work with will stretch my learning to the greatest extent. I will have a chance to work face to face with some of the most accomplished professors in the country, an experience offered no where else.

The opportunities presented to me by Stanford are incomparable to other universities. My time spent at Stanford will be filled working with experienced professors in the classroom and in research labs, a prospect that has pushed Stanford to the top of my college lineup.
n00bl3t 3 / 30  
I think you should include more reasons that you want to go to Stanford. Not just because you think it has a "good name" and that you can have a good time off campus, when you aren't in the school. You should talk about how it will benefit you academically, how their resources can help you whether it is the Professors, Labs, etc.

Those are my two cents.

Good Luck Erika
Sasoo 1 / 2  
While most people opt to describe Stanford's merits in academics and extracurriculars, you have chosen a different path. I like that you feel that Stanford is a comfortable place for you, but some people might regard that as "superficial". To make your essay more safe, and this is only my humble opinion, you might want to bring a hint of academia into it.

Overall I enjoyed reading that. Good luck!
OP erika14 3 / 5  
This is my edited answer, thanks alot for your feedback! It definately helps A TON!
I am not quite sure how to end it though... I just stuck on the last sentance while I'm trying to think of something.

REMOVED
Stanford is a great place for me because I feel comfortable at the location, because a fun and relaxing day is close by , and because graduating with a Stanford degree will best prepare me for my future.

However, the number one reason I am looking forward to attending Stanford is because it is the college that can help me become most prepared for my future.

The ending is fine.

Good luck in school!!:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'A veterinarian from Mountain View' - Stanford... why is it a good place for me?