I have been vexed... WHY YALE SUPPLEMENT: Cultural diversity

Niania 1 / -  
Can anyone please review these and also tell me which of the two essays seem more appealing.

I have been vexed by the monotonous lifestyle of colleagues who struggle like machines to achieve their grades; they would possibly learn every definition, every formula, by rote so as to achieve in an exam. This reflects pure futility to me - I mean, even if they score high? Then what? In the long run, will they ever end up as true scientists, engineers, sociologists?

The answer is, 'no!' If they do not have the time of their life studying a subject and developing massive interest in developing fresh ideas, they can't be true students and therefore true achievers. Luckily, Yale seems to agree with me here; it clearly wants all-rounders instead of bookworms!

I see humanity through a distinct, critical lens - to produce insightful, impactful social analysis. Being from a distinct culture where the verity of being a female is sufficient to halter any chances of foreign education, I want to dive in the sea of cultures, which can only be found at Yale, and yet show the narrow-minded societies that I did not drown; cultural-exchange did not make me lose my own values but reinforce and promote them instead. Yale is a testimony to the what I yearn: quality education, communal diversity, but most significantly, empowerment to stand, as a leader, for an important cause!
admission2012 - / 477 90  
This is not a good response to the Why Yale prompt. You can find the same learning environment at tons of universities not just Yale. In fact there are many schools that are well known for having far higher percentages of international students. This essay needs a complete make-over if you want it to impress the adcom at Yale. -Admissions Advice Online
eliana375 - / 4 3  
how about if you discuss something you're particularly interested in studying, and how Yale can help you do that.

Home / Undergraduate / I have been vexed... WHY YALE SUPPLEMENT: Cultural diversity