Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

VicePresident/Sociology/Mother- NYUSupplement

sunnie 1 / -  
Please tell us what led you to select both your anticipated academic area(s) of study and the NYU school / college / program or the Abu Dhabi campus. What interests you most about your intended discipline? Mention any extracurricular or non-school-related activities or experiences that demonstrate your interest.

Being Vice president of Operation Adjustment, I recognized most immigrants would not consider college after high school due to limited resources provided. As an immigrant who learned to navigate the system, I was empathetic to the struggles of others in learning about the American educational system and using it as well as adapting to American culture; as a result, I felt compelled to teach others what I learned and guide them along their path towards assimilation. Going to NYU silver school of social work, I hope to increase my knowledge on college processes and assist with more information about college to immigrants.

(627 characters, I need some help eliminating words)

NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

Had only been in Hong Kong and California, I always want to meet people in different state. NYU, a global network university, will give me the opportunities to do so. Planning to major in sociology, it is essential to work with people in different background. Studying in a global university will provides me the chances to reach other cultures, social people from different backgrounds, and have wider perspective.

(416 characters)

If you had the opportunity to bring any person -- past or present, fictional or nonfictional -- to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favorite location, etc), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person.

I would bring my mother to one of my workshops in AIWA. I want to show her I am able to facilitate and speak publicly. Although she may be disappointed in me for overstep the gender norm , I still want her to know this is the person I want to be, a female with a aspirations, voice in society, and the desire for higher education.

(331 characters)

thanks

Home / Undergraduate / VicePresident/Sociology/Mother- NYUSupplement