Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Victoria Junior College "Talents & Achievements" Section

abbiebubble 2 / 3  
In not more than 300 words, describe the talents and skills you have which you think set you apart from the other applicants.

During recent years, my skills and talents weren't always inclined to one specific interest. Instead, I was always keen on trying different activities in order to find out what I was most passionate about. Although I was a cheerleader and a frequent performer through out my Secondary School years, I was convinced that those weren't my mere aptitudes. Before the end of my fourth year, I decided to put my education on hold to evaluate on my capabilities and abilities.

During then, I bide my time by doing various avocations. Music being one of my enthusiasms, I took up and completed voice training in the Philippines. It has expanded my knowledge in music and given me a notably greater passion for singing. Knowing that I had numerous enthusiasms, I push my boundaries by doing abstract art. Having had diminutive knowledge, I did researches and purchased art books. I believe that art is based solely on expressing one's innermost feelings. Famous artist and graphic designer Wassily Kandinsky studied law and economics but became world renowned for his passion.

Being a daughter of an English kindergarten teacher, I understand the difficulties of teaching. My knowledge not only comes from being an observant daughter but I have had the experience to boot. I worked as a part-time English tutor and taught children of young age. My patience was tested countless times but I dealt with it and learned to enjoy. I have certainly overcome my weakness in being impatient. Working with children has strengthened my leadership and interacting skills.

My decision for putting my education on hold has made me see things through a brighter perspective. I have faith in what I do and whatever comes my way. I set myself apart from other applicants because of this.

Home / Undergraduate / Victoria Junior College "Talents & Achievements" Section