Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Vires is the one that stands out the most; FSU Esssay

collegeicntwait 3 / 2  
"All of these values are easily reflected in my life, but I feel that that Vires is the one that stands out the most. I seem to have picked up all these strengths from my mother, from all the things that I have watched her do and accomplish. Although (Remove comma) I grew up in a dreadful neighborhood where it seemed that most of the people that lived there were making bad decisions, my mother has always educated me to never do wrong and always chose to do right no matter what the result. I also learned from her physical strength that she used to care for my brother, by working long hours so we can have the best education and clothes possible, and her fight against her brain aneurism. I also gained her intellectual strengths to never give up and always gain as much knowledge as possible. In existence my moral strength, intellectual strength, and physical strength are frequently tested, even when I reach adulthood. High school is where I felt every one of the values embodied in Vires applied to me most. High school served as the stage for which I learned how to build up and polish all of the strengths and characteristics that have made me who I am today. My morals were tested when a close friend of mine asked me to skip school and go to the movies; I started to analyze the situation and considered all the consequences associated with my absence from school, all the class assignments that I could be missing, and being behind on a lesson. Then I made the logical decision and decided not to go and that my education was more important. In addition, my intellectual strength was tested in English 3 of my junior year. I had a big test coming up but I did not quite understand the lesson very well, so I spent numerous hours studying. The next day when I sat down in my desk with the test positioned in front of me and I flipped through the 5 pages, and it was like I had a cheat sheet in my head; I knew all the answers! The test was later given back out and I turned over my packet and their it was, a red "A+". My physical strength was tested by me conquering my injures and by committing to my 3 hour basketball training so I can fulfill one of my many goals to become a walk on for the Florida State Seminoles.

Many people have told me I will not be able to do it, but like Michael Jordan once said "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." These values embodied in Vires will make me a grand addition to the Florida State University campus. My honed skills of these values for doing the right thing and making the right decisions, my determination to study more if I do not understand a lesson, and my commitment to training to perfect my skills."

Home / Undergraduate / Vires is the one that stands out the most; FSU Esssay