'Visionary, honest, oriented' - What five words best describe you? (300 chars or less)

FireTiger 8 / 49  
Persistent (encouraged by those who say it can't be done)

Innovative (finding solutions from different angles is my specialty)

Visionary (?)

Honest (knowing my limits)

Goal-oriented (with a drive to accomplish all that I begin)

[223 characters atm]

concerns:

is it okay to format it like this for the stanford application? not complete sentences, parentheses, etc?

"knowing my limits" seems a bit pessimistic

what should i put for "honest"?

anything else? or any changes?
Nandra 2 / 12  
I actually like what you put for honest - I wouldn't say it's so much pessimistic as it is realistic, and I'd bet Stanford would value that.

Unfortunately, I can't advise you on the formatting, as I have no idea about that.
OP FireTiger 8 / 49  
alright, thanks :)

any1 got anything for visionary?
mmmargarita 10 / 79  
Agree with the above commenter, I like how you worded it.

The other words, though, like persistent, goal oriented, are very commonly used, almost cliched. Also, they're very similar; I'd use the chance to replace one of these, you want to be as efficient w/ expressing yourself as possible, and by that I mean maximizing what you communicate w/ the word limit you're given. If you can think of a more unique explanation for whichever word you keep, it would be much improved.

Regarding the formatting, I believe it's fine. But, my suggestion would be to use colons, ie

Honest: blah blah blah

You can minimize character limits this way and hopefully use those extra characters to elaborate more.
sheikhdiesel 1 / 2  
can anyone help critic my essay, please
mmmargarita 10 / 79  
Flexible! I like that one. It certainly seems less used than the previous ones.

Hmm, maybe for relaxed you could use something like unflustered, level headed, etc. Those pretty much imply that you can approach tough situations with calmness...although they don't *exactly* have a positive connotation, but I'm sure you could spin it that way.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you could help me out with my short answer (=:
mmmargarita 10 / 79  
Oh, I thought of a word for you instead of relaxed: equable. It means calm, not easily perturbed, tranquil, etc. Of course it's up to you which you want to go with.

Regarding your most recent edit: I really like it! Your definition adds new dimensions onto the words, ones we normally wouldn't think of. And the wording is nice, especially "able to turn with the tides." The only suggestion I have is to maybe change your definition for "relaxed"

Home / Undergraduate / 'Visionary, honest, oriented' - What five words best describe you? (300 chars or less)