Volunteer - description of your professional background and current work, including accomplishment

izahnelson13 1 / 1  

my Voluntary Service

Brief description of your professional background and current work, including any specific professional accomplishment within the last year.

I am a serial volunteer, I volunteered with voluntary service oversea as an in-country volunteer where i worked with 10 UK volunteers and 10 international citizen volunteers on an inclusive education project in Enugu state with the mission of leaving no child behind, to help identify out of school children and children with diverse abilities also create a support system to help teachers and students improve performance in classroom.

I am a self-taught software developer with over 4 years of experience in software development with a background in web development and technology in helping develop web solutions for organizations.

Have served as a tech advocate for the google for Africa scholarship by Andela where I mentored and reviewed code for 75 tech enthusiasts across Nigeria and Kenya. Also served as a facilitator and mentor for techQuest in training over 5000 kids across 7 states in Nigeria on STEM education and a mentor for Africode.

I currently serve as the CEO of workload NG, a company I co-founded to help solve the unemployment issue in Nigeria by encouraging entrepreneurship and skill through training and capacity development, also connecting local and skilled artisans to customers/companies that need their services.

On starting workload NG with the aim of becoming a major contributor towards achieving some of the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals, the project was selected for the sustainable solution Africa 30 under 30, was among the 15 finalists for the Total Startupper Challenge 2019. Currently the workload project was selected for the Tony Elumelu Fellowship Grant 2019.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@izahnelson13
Hey, dear. Welcome to the forum! I hope this feedback becomes helpful for you.

First and foremost, always be cautious of your usage of punctuation throughout your writing. It is critical that you do not have run-on sentences. One method that I can suggest would be the shortening of your sentences. Making more concise sentences can lead you to have simpler structures, omitting the possibility that you would be unable to place appropriate marks throughout. I recommend implementing this strategy on the first paragraph of your sentence.

You may merge the second and third sentence for a more organized writing approach. While it's alright to have these stand-alone sentences instead of a full-blown paragraph, you should bear in mind that these are often isolated to instances wherein the content would be for flair purposes. If the bulk of the content of the sentence is directed towards relaying relevant information, better merge it into a proper paragraph with similar content.

The concluding remark should be limited to not introducing new information, but rather should be about incorporating your own thoughts and opinions. This portion should be full of passion for what you are applying for in a humble manner.
OP izahnelson13 1 / 1  
Thank you @Maria, great feedback.

Home / Undergraduate / Volunteer - description of your professional background and current work, including accomplishment