'A volunteer in the Falsecreek Community Center' - University of BC supplemental

jasonqw1 1 / 2  
Tell us more about one of the activities you listed above, explaining what your goals were, what you did to pursue them, the results achieved, and what you learned in the process. (maximum 200 words)

I am a volunteer in the Falsecreek Community Centre (FCC). It provides a warm and comfortable home for the seniors with disabilities. I worked for 2-3 hours per week. Volunteers will be assigned to a specific task each day. I have completed various kinds of tasks, ranging from telling stories to helping out in the kitchen. I chose this volunteer work not only for offering help and companionship to the senior people, but also to help myself learn some techniques of taking care of elderly in order to take care of my grandparents who will need help very soon. After half a year of volunteering in FCC, I think I have brought a little bright, help and emotional support to the residence in FCC. I often sit down and listen to their young stories or pick up a history book and read it to them. Through my volunteer work I have realized that this area of assisting seniors has been overlooked. As a member of the community, we certainly will all get old, and we may also need help in the future. Therefore I enjoy offering help to the people in FCC because they surely have contributed a lot when they were young.

Big Big Thank you to those who help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ravenclaw 1 / 6  
This is pretty good, it's easy to see you really care about these people. I quoted a few things and made just a few suggestions in red:

Volunteers will be assigned

volunteers are assigned

work not only for offering help and companionship

not only to offer

techniques of taking care of elderly in order

taking care of the elderly in order

I think I have brought a little bright, help and emotional support to the residence in FCC.

i think you meant brightness to their day when you said a little bright, but it's not exactly clear what you mean

I often sit down and listen to their young stories

and listen to stories of when they were young saying you listen to their young stories could convey that the stories are young (or new)

As a member of the community, we certainly will all get old,

as members of the community, we will all certainly get old

they surely have contributed a lot when they were young.

surely had contributed
Prettywings 1 / 74  
they surely have significantly contributed a lotto the community when they were young.
OP jasonqw1 1 / 2  
Thank you so much guys you are my gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jasonty9 2 / 3  
follow the question. I think you messed up the sequence. put the 'caring for grandparents' part at the end. it will helps the reader to read fluently a lot!

Home / Undergraduate / 'A volunteer in the Falsecreek Community Center' - University of BC supplemental