"a volunteer program at a care center of mentally disabled" extracurricular activity

hyxhyxhhyx 2 / 3  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (150 words or fewer, 1000 character maximum)

In the last spring semester, I attended a volunteer program at a care center of mentally disabled. After the presentations we prepared, something astonishing happened at the free communication part.

One of them came forward, asked my name and wrote it neatly on the blackboard with beautiful calligraphy. So nice was the writing that I even desired to print it down and take it away with me. What's further beyond my imagination was the fact that he even mastered several languages including Japanese and Korean. Totally amazed, we finished the trip and left the center.

Before the visit, what mentally disabled people were like in my mind were less intelligent people achieving nothing, but this impression was totally altered after this trip. And I felt a bit ashamed of holding that attitude before. I also realized that disabled people, as well as other unfortunate people, deserve more attention and compassion.
coeurreign 2 / 45  
In the last spring semester, I attended This doesn't seem much of an intro. Like it doesn't really grab my attention like it could.

So nice was the writing that I even desired to print it down and take it away with me.

something astonishing happenedat the free communication part.

This is great. Short and sweet. It shows that you're able to change the way you think and colleges love that. Great job, just a few minor things I outlined above. Good luck!
This is great!! When you write about something that made you feel "ashamed" because of the new perspective you gained, it is ALWAYS powerful. This is expertly written.

I'll fix your verb tense, though...
And I felt a bit ashamed of holding having held that attitude before. I also realized that disabled people, as well as other unfortunate people, deserve more attention and compassion.

:-) very impressive

Home / Undergraduate / "a volunteer program at a care center of mentally disabled" extracurricular activity