'volunteered, worked, travelled, thought' princeton-how ive spent my last two summers

kayla1725 1 / -  
Please tell us how you have spent the last two summers (or vacations between school years), including any jobs you have held, if not already detailed on the Common Application. (2500 charcters)

The last two summers have been chaotic. I volunteered, worked, travelled, and spent a lot of time thinking about my future.
In my junior year I spent the summer working full time at Premier Fitness as a receptionist. Aside from learning a lot, I enjoyed working in the fitness industry because I met so many people who have a passion for fitness and promoting an active healthy lifestyle. Working full time taught me how to become organized, responsible and independent. Along with working, I travelled to both of my cottages for a few days, volunteered to coach a baseball team and instructed gymnastics. Any other free time was spent with friends and family, or taking time alone to relax.

The summer of my senior year I travelled to Wasaga Beach with my graduating class for four days. We had a blast playing beach volleyball, sea-doeing and reflecting on our favourite high school memories. When I returned from Wasaga, I travelled to my cottage for almost six weeks. During this time I reflected upon my high school years, thought about my post-secondary plans, obtained a part-time job, joined a beach volleyball league and volunteered as a volleyball coach for a younger team. As the summer was coming to an end, I was saying goodbye to a lot of my friends who were leaving for school. During the last week of August I decided it was best for me to return to high school for a semester and take time to decide where I wanted to continue my post-secondary education.

This upcoming summer will be the summer of my "gap year" and I plan to travel somewhere far away for a month or so before I head off to post-secondary school. I believe it is important for a person to travel because it allows you to experience new cultures, meet new people and sometimes appreciate what we take for granted.

In Conclusion, I believe summer is a time for relaxation, but it is also a time that allows young adults to experience new things, meet new people, save money, and travel. I personally enjoy keeping extremely busy in the summer because you only have two months and I believe they should be spent wisely.
Guest /  
Well, I think you did answer the question, but you shouldn't just tell them.

Working full time taught me how to become organized, responsible and independent

Like, you shouldn't just say that you learnt these things, show them how working full time taught you these.

I think the content's great, but you should make it more descriptive, create a story, not just a list of things you did.
So, wish you all the best! :D
I could really use help on my essay too:)
During my junior year, I spent the summer working full time at Premier Fitness as a receptionist.

Along with working, I traveled to both of my cottages for a few days, volunteered to coach a baseball team and instructed gymnastics.

The summer of my senior year I traveled to Wasaga Beach with my graduating class for four days.

When I returned from Wasaga, I traveled to my cottage for almost six weeks.

Good luck in school and have fun!

:)
inventor1488 2 / 17  
The prompt said to discuss any activities not already mentioned on the common application. Did you discuss these jobs elsewhere on the application?

Home / Undergraduate / 'volunteered, worked, travelled, thought' princeton-how ive spent my last two summers