Volunteering for Atelier de Soustitrage extracurricular activities or work experience

mimitabl 1 / -  
Hi! This is my rough draft for the common app extracurricular activities essay.
Any suggestions/corrections are greatly appreciated! :)

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (150 words or fewer, 1000 character maximum).

Over the summer of my freshman year, I was given the incredible opportunity of volunteering my time for Atelier de Soustitrage, one of the leading companies in the field of captioning in Spain. Although the world of media was entirely new for me, I was thrilled to spend my summer doing something different and exciting. I was given the task to check the reading speed of subtitles of hearing impaired children, and of making these research tests enjoyable for them. I organized fun activities and they taught me some sign language words. I also made use of my artistic skills to get them to express themselves in different ways, making me realize that art is a universal language that everyone can hear and feel. This incredible experience made me want to continue working in the field of media, which led me to work freelance for another subtitling company.
moa110 2 / 4  
Really good!

Only a couple things I would change

Instead of "...which led me to work freelance" I would do something more like "which inspired me to work freelence" just switching out the led with inspired to make it convey a little more emotion.

And at "...taught me some sign language words" I think just "taught me some sign language" would sound better.

And last thing for "I was given the task
to check the reading speed of subtitles of hearing impaired
children, and of making these research tests enjoyable" switch out "of making" with "to make" because you were given the task "to check and to make"

But really interesting overall though good job
opportunity of volunteering to volunteer my time for Atelier de Soustitrage, one of the leading...

We can use active voice instead of passive:
My supervisor made me I was given the task responsible for checking the reading speed of subtitles of hearing impaired children and of making these...

Awesome, great job. I hope you find a lot of success, and you certainly will because of your enthusiasm.

Home / Undergraduate / Volunteering for Atelier de Soustitrage extracurricular activities or work experience