Volunteering: JHU - activities outside of class.

rajsmooth23 3 / 4  
2. A Typical student at Johns Hopkins spends less than 15 hours each week in a classroom, leaving lots of time for volunteer opportunities, clubs and organizations, athletics, social events, and other on- and off-campus activities. Aside from the academic interests you've already expressed, in what activities do you plan to engage as an undergraduate at Johns Hopkins?

Please help me edit my essay!

Practical experience is the best way to apply what you learn in a classroom. Extracurricular activities allow students to become leaders and discover themselves.
Volunteering has always been a big part of my life because my grandfather taught me to always give back to my community. Johns Hopkins presents many great opportunities to volunteer. The great variety of hospitals and facilities on campus would be a great place to volunteer and apply what I will be learning. Also, I would continue my Key Club volunteer work by becoming a member of the Cougar Club, the senior organization. The Homewood Campus and nearby medical campus provide many volunteer opportunities.

Extracurricular activities have always been my outlet away from the stress involved from schoolwork. Basketball helped me discover myself in high school, so I would love to continue playing at the club level. Religion and culture have always been my backbone. Attending and volunteering at the local Gurudwara (Sikh Temple) would become an essential part of my schedule. The Johns Hopkins Bhangra Team would be a great way to stay involved culturally. The Bhangra (Punjabi folk dance) team performs and competes with teams from other schools.

I can only imagine what Johns Hopkins has to offer outside of the classroom. The campus is full of activities and social events. There are many extracurricular activities I could find to like once living on campus.
hyebyekadal 1 / 1  
Hmmm... Overall this is a well-written essay..you've covered all the points they have prompted, but I feel the ending is kind of abrupt..write something more enthusiastic. And are you sure you have the right word length? If not you can actually elaborate more on what you do and how you can connect it with whatever students do at John Hopkins.

Hope this helps Bhai!
:)

Home / Undergraduate / Volunteering: JHU - activities outside of class.