Wake up America ,UT issue of importance essay E

zacery10 1 / 1  
the prompt is choose an issue of importance to you-the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope-and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

I am having trouble, on figuring out my topic, have narrowed it down to political ignorance, but I am open to suggestions if anyone can give some helpful tips for the thesis and how to format it. Here is the intro so far

Only 1 in 4 people can name the rights granted by the First Amendment. 65 percent, the number of Americans that did not know what happened at the Constitutional Convention. I could not believe these startling facts i had found. I kept asking myself why Americans are politically ignorant, and how it is undermining our government, promoting political apathy , and causing ...
Oh, I would have a great time with this one! I think you could make it much more interesting with a subject like Monsanto, a horrible company you should look up if you don't already know about them. Or the subject of political mud-slinging during election time, when candidates are making asses of themselves by putting down the other candidates, instead of talking about the issues and reasons for running for office. And have you seen the machine that squirts out the chicken for McNuggets? The chicken comes out looking like strawberry soft serve. They add ammonia to get bacteria out, then have to add artificial flavor to mask the ammonia taste. ugh. Just make sure your first sentence and first paragraph are attention grabbers!

:)
OP zacery10 1 / 1  
thank you
I am still having trouble coming up with a third point would it be informal if I only used two points

Home / Undergraduate / Wake up America ,UT issue of importance essay E