What Waldo represents; UChicago- So where is Waldo really?

Rozn 1 / -  

find your Waldo

I remember as a child, one of my first books was a Where's Waldo book, searching for the funny looking man with his red striped sweater, his funky hat, and his circular glasses. I also remember finding someone almost exactly like Waldo except the hat or the glasses. Those were just miniscule differences that can sometimes be passed by. So where is Waldo you ask? Well first we must realize what Waldo represents. Stop and look around. Life is continuously flowing and time is always passing. It is hard to keep up in a changing world. What makes Waldo so special in the world? He doesn't change and there is only one like him. Waldo represents a figure that is unique and can be anywhere. I believe Waldo represents the people who realize what they are. Every person has the same capabilities. Everyone has potential to be whatever they dream to be. Often people lose track of who they are, just like in the book, where a man is missing only the famous Waldo hat. Some of us go our entire lives never finding our inner selves, but why is finding ourselves so important? This leads back to the famous question, "Why am I here and what is my purpose?" Everyone likes to believe that they were born for a reason even if they don't know the reason yet. Eventually people forget the question and place it in the back of their minds, because they cannot come up with a sufficient answer. The answer they seek is Waldo. People who believe they have a purpose in life and are trying to find themselves are the people exploring the world. People who study to try and discover their interests, fears, and dislikes are really finding their Waldo. What some don't realize is that we each have a Waldo inside of us. We are all unique and we all offer different things to our communities. Some of us are creative, artistic, and can draw masterpieces. On the other hand others can solve brain riddling equations. A few are renowned leaders who can lead countries to glory. When we are born we all start out with a fresh slate. Our experiences shape us, but we are still unique. Even twins have different characteristics. One can make an entire room laugh while another can sing an opera. It's the odyssey to find the talent which is finding Waldo. So where is Waldo? Waldo is in every person. It takes time and effort to find your Waldo but it is there for everyone. One may even have to try hundreds of different things, before they might find their Waldo. Waldo is deep inside everyone and looking for him in a book is just one step to finding the real Waldo.

So what do you guys think? Too wordy... ?
jakk1994 2 / 22 2  
No, this is very well written. Exactly what they are looking for: to take the question and interpret it in your own way.

Help with my essay?
Kouteri 1 / 7 2  
Man, that is amazing. Perhaps you could have a smoother transition from your childhood experience into 'what is Waldo EXACTLY?'

Besides that, loved it and it definitaly made me think a little about my Waldo

Home / Undergraduate / What Waldo represents; UChicago- So where is Waldo really?