Wally joined army; Quirky sense of humour for Caltech

andresgualde 1 / 1  
Here's my essay, please criticize.

I like to answer life biggest questions like where in the devil is Waldo? This question has been asked by many since 1987 and yet remains unanswered. Even though he's been spotted he swiftly escapes sight not to be seen again. Well I am here to try and shed some light into this ordeal.

See during the 80's, when the first "Where's Waldo" came out, Wally took advantage of his newly obtained fame and moved from England to the U.S. to chase the american dream, he moved to Los Angeles where he tried his luck in the big screen and married his high school sweetheart Wilma. He was doing surprisingly well, securing a major contract with Buena Vista Distribution as Paul Newman's supporting actor but he became bored of Hollywood's shallowness and superficiality so he quit and was swiftly replaced by Tom Cruise.

Homeless and broke he did what many americans do, he joined the army. After excelling in his military training he was recruited by the CIA as they realized his ability to remain hidden could be a valuable asset to National Security. He was first deployed in Iran at the height of the "Contra" conflict, his mission was simple: to obtain information pertaining American hostages. Sadly the operation went bust and Waldo, devastated, went back to England to live with his mother for a while and try to piece his life back together.

Unable to overcome grief Wally decided to give it all up. He felt trapped. Nothing could comfort him, so, in despair he decided to take his own life leaving poor Wilma a broken widow. His remains now lay in Highgate Cemetery.

Not quite the glamourous tale you probably expected, I know but to answer your question, Waldo is here [51° 34′ 1.2″ N, 0° 8′ 49.2″ W]

**I thought they read average essays all day every day so this one may stand out, is it too much?**
moon05 13 / 133 20  
I like to answerlife biggest questions like where in the devil is Waldo?

I think you meantLIFE'S
chewbaccablack 6 / 18 3  
Hah i like the flow of the story.

And also, i love the last bit where you put the coordinates!
katev 18 / 120 24  
So he's dead in a cemetery in London?
What is the prompt for this question?
LarryHoover 4 / 8  
If I was an admissions officer you'd be in. This essay Is really funny. But like Katev i'm wondering, whats the prompt?

Home / Undergraduate / Wally joined army; Quirky sense of humour for Caltech