I wanted to work as a mechanical engineer; Georgia Tech Writing Supplement-

Zackjam1 2 / 5  
Why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech and what do you hope to contribute to our community? (150 word limit)

In my freshmen year of high school, I decided that I wanted to work as a mechanical engineer. I believe that Georgia Tech is the school capable of providing me with this opportunity. With its research program, I will be able to do the undergraduate research that I've hoped to perform in mechanical engineering since high school.

Not only does Georgia Tech provide me with a great engineering program, but it also is one of the schools with the highest return of investments. The high ROI of Georgia Tech will provide me the opportunity for a successful future after my undergraduate studies. As a visionary student, I hope to continue doing research at Georgia Tech and hopefully provide the Georgia Tech community with a great advancement in the field of mechanical engineering.
thenewdude 13 / 59  
Zackjam1

"In my freshmen year of high school, I decided that I wanted to work as a mechanical engineer. I believe that Georgia Tech is the school capable of providing me with this opportunity. With its research program, I will be able to do the undergraduate research that I've hoped to perform in mechanical engineering since high school." - replace Georgia Tech with any other school, and this still holds true. To be blunt, your opening is uninspiring. I am sure you can come up with something better than this; take a look at other essays on this forum, that'll definitely help you.

Also, they don't want to hear that you are choosing them since they are affordable. These kinds of questions need you to be as SPECIFIC as possible. Pick a course, a prof, a semester-abroad program, or a laboratory that particularly catches your fancy and expound on that.

I would encourage you to completely rewrite this essay, and post it again here. I would love to look at it.

Could you please critique my Cornell essay? It is due in an hour!
With its research program,

It's better if you could elaborate a little bit more on this point as it is one of the strong arguments to support why you like Georgia Tech.

Not only does Georgia Tech provide me with a great engineering program

Tell what those great opportunities are and how such opportunities are aligned with your short and long term goals.
sanatm 3 / 5  
If you replace "GTech" with any other excellent engineering school, this essay would fit perfectly for that school, as well. My point is, you need to include specific things about Gtech that interest you! Maybe a professor you would like to work with? or recent projects that they've done at Tech that interest you? Something more meaningful to you, and why YOU would be great for Tech, not why Tech would be great for you.

Home / Undergraduate / I wanted to work as a mechanical engineer; Georgia Tech Writing Supplement-