Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'I watched my mom change her life' - Nursing essay

echatham 1 / -  
Any corrections or advice would be greatly appreciated!

There are many reasons why the nursing profession entices me. As a child I watched my mom change her life and my life by transitioning from a social worker to a registered Nurse. My mother was someone who I had always looked up to, and when I saw how nursing turned my mother into a happier person, I knew that nursing was right for me. When I was sixteen I started volunteering at Wellington Regional Hospital with hopes to find out what career path was right for me. I knew I heart belonged in the health field but I wasn't sure until I started working alongside Doctors, nurses, radiation therapists, and many other health professionals. I knew I wanted to be there for others when they were in need physically, mentally, and emotionally.

When I was seventeen I interned at Hillsboro Urgent care and shadowed Dr. Paul Kotturan. It was at Hillsboro Urgent Care where I realized what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to become Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in the Air Force. I had spent a lot of time on the Tampa Bay Air Force base with my cousin and that was when I realized that not only did the nursing field have a lot to offer me, but I had a lot that I wanted to give back to nursing field. I would be a good because I am an effective learner and an attentive listener. I always know to double check everything that I do but to also trust my intuition.

I have worked with children at the Kids Fitness festival for almost three years and I have interacted with all different kinds of people when I volunteered at the hospital. In two years may no longer want to specialize in pediatrics -I am willing to see where nursing will take me but I know my heart will always be with the nursing field.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I watched my mom change her life' - Nursing essay