Water! Water! Good or evil?; Essay on water

Khadijah 1 / -  
Sometimes, I just couldn't help but wondering how many of us are quite aware about the presence and even the existence of water, unless we are caught in the torrential down pour without an unbrella, scurrying for shelter, soaked to the skin while shivering with cold. Or perhaps there was a sudden interruption of water supply during the dry spell. For those who ever pause and ponder, there is no reason to be doubtful about the importance of water and it is universally accepted that water is essential for life while playing a vital role in our everyday lives.

Water, a colourless and odourless liquid, from a tiny drop to the vast oceon with the homogeneous composition of 2 hydrogen atoms chemically bonded with an oxygen atom with the simple formula of H2O existed long before the presence of our species of 'Homosapien', long before our civilisation, long before the dinosours which ever tramped the plane of our planet earth and the mammoth elephant which ever roamed the wilderness of the world. In fact water has been playing a vital role ever since early civilisation reflecting in the way that nearly all the civilisation began at the places where water is abubdantly available. For instance the Mesopotamia a plane situated between the great river of Euphrates and Tigris, elsewhere it was at a delta of the great rivers. River Nile of Eghpt and the great Yangtze river and yellow river of China. Even most of the great ancient and the modern cosmopolitan cities were built due to the proximity to the river. Even in our country of Malaysia, a great number of our towns and cities were named after the river ways, for instance, 'Kuala' the river mouth, 'Bagan' the port, 'Parit' the drain and even 'Tasik' the lake.

It is evidently clear that water is one of the prime elements which is responsible for the life of the earth. It is also the catalyst which spurs the rapid developments especially in the field of agriculture, industrial, medicine, communications and constructions. For generations, the sole life sustaining activity - agriculture had been practised in the crude and primitive ways. Climatic condition, for instance, insufficient or uneven distribution of rainfall had rendered vast area landscape either totally inarable or unsuitable for farming. Consequently, wide spread of famine has resulted the death of the millions of innocent civilians by either starvetion or malnutrition. Since water had played a significant role in the irrigation system hence it has to be reserved for cultivation of crops and the irrigation system to ensure a consistent productivity of crops.

Besides water offers the availability and accessibility of cheap source of sea food and provides the earliest, the cheapest and the most efficient way of communication and transportation. Boats and canoes were the most common transports via the rivers in the earliest civilisation. Water is also fully utilised in the production of hydroelectricity, that provides the cheapest and the most efficient way in generating electricity which is urgently required for the development and modernisation especially in factories. The presence of water indicates the presence of humen being. One can survive for six weeks without food but cannot survive a few days without water. Water is also used in our daily routines of cleaning, brushing, and even washing besides our daily consumption as drinking water.

Perhaps this is the most sinister nature of man. Rather unfortunately and the most distressingly by either his wisdom, intelligence or inarguably his idiosyncrasy. 'Socrates' the greatest and the most distinguished thinker and philosopher of all times who had been devoting his life in the teaching, educating and the guiding of people into the proper path of civilisation had instead been given a cup of 'hemlock;. Similarly, the most valuable natural resources of water which is vital far the existence and survival of organism and creatures of this planet earth which has travel a long way for the benefit of civilisation and modernisation has been treated with respect by man instead suffering the same fate and density of 'Socrates' being poisoned beyond remedy and wantonly contaminated by way of aggraveter pollution either inadvertently or purposely.

Every year, thousand of tones of toxins have been dumped and spewninto the water ways, for instance, therivers, streams and ultimately oceons. The pollutions such as sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and nitrogen oxide spewned out by the industry had been emitted into the air under the agis of modernisation and industrilisation rendered the acid rain pollutions returning to earth laden with chemicals, cutting a holocaustic swathe of environmental ruin. In view of this prevailing conditionof water pollution and the turbulance of our environment, the most eminent scientist, Steven Hawking was prompted into staggering and questioning the simple question that 'how are we human being going to survive for the next hundredyears?'

Water! Water! Good or evil? But the genie is already out of the bottle and it lies decisively in the hand of man - the creature god had created to guard and taking care of this planet earth or conversely responsible for his own extermination.
emjay1264jr 3 / 9  
"Sometimes, I just couldn't help but wondering"
I would change the couldn't to cannot and the wondering to wonder.

"...soaked to the skin while shivering with cold."
I would omit "with cold."

"Or perhaps there was a sudden interruption of water supply during the dry spell."
I would omit this sentence unless if you could add it to the previous sentence so that you could keep the flow of different situations where one would think about water.

You misspelled ocean. You spelled it "oceon."

Overall the essay is good I would just spellcheck it.

Home / Undergraduate / Water! Water! Good or evil?; Essay on water