Waterloo for enrich my education and make me a well-rounded candidate for biomedicine.

katsocatso 1 / 1  
Hi all, looking for some helpful feedback. Not sure if I expressed enough personal interest since I focused mainly on Waterloo's resources, there's only so much I can fit in 900 char :/ Also I'm applying to both Computer Science and Chem Eng so lmk if my interest and potential commitment to both is clear.

Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to UW. If you have more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 char limit)

Reasons for choosing my program and Waterloo

In the future, I'd like to work in the biomedical field, either developing software for healthcare, or producing vital medications as a biochemical engineer. Biomedicine is of particular interest to me because I can channel creativity and a passion for science into meaningful technologies and processes, ultimately alleviating patients' suffering. I believe the initiatives offered at UW in CS and Chemical Engineering would best prepare me for these endeavours. For one, I can gain valuable job experience and connect with potential employers through co-op. Other programs like Research Fellows and Velocity also provide great opportunities for external research and innovation, allowing me to experiment and explore subjects I'm intrigued by. These resources, as well as options to specialize in biomechanics or AI, will enrich my education and make me a well-rounded candidate for biomedicine.
Hi Catherine, I find this to be one of the more well written, properly considered responses for this application. You have made your reasons for choosing Waterloo clear as far as the two majors you have chosen are concerned. I can clearly see that you have given proper consideration to the benefits of studying at the university and you have taken the time to look into the course offerings, Co-op system of education, and other programs related to both courses. In fact, you have done such a good job in your presentation that you were able to create a seamless merging of the two course considerations, their specific requirements, and your academic goal into such a comprehensive paragraph that you have shown how each course can work hand in hand with the other. Good job! I believe this will be one of the memorable Why Waterloo statements the reviewer will read.

Home / Undergraduate / Waterloo for enrich my education and make me a well-rounded candidate for biomedicine.