"ways to cope and embrace diversities" - Carnege Mellon, The MBA Program

TarekAl 2 / 3  
Essay Topic:
Please submit a one-page, single-spaced essay that explains why you have chosen Carnegie Mellon and your particular major(s), department(s) or program(s). This essay should include the reasons why you've chosen the major(s), any goals or relevant work plans and any other information you would like us to know. If you are applying to more than one college or program, please mention each college or program you are applying to. Because our admission committees review applicants by college and programs, your essay can impact our final decision. Please do not exceed one page for this essay.

Essay:
I was roughly ten years old when 9/11 happened. Being a Muslim child in a growing anti-Muslim society was arduous. I was too young to understand what happened, and connect the incident to why everyone was becoming weary of my religion. Now years later I fully understand the significance of the event, and how negatively it has impacted society's views on Islam. I want that image to change. I decided that if the world was going to continue to follow and listen to the media ignorantly, than I would have to show them the truth through my honorable future actions.

I plotted out my path, and it led me to the Tepper School of Business. My first goal is to become a wealthy business man, and with the majority of my portion of the profit, I would help any people in need. The UN and other businesses/individuals that have helped with donations have done a great job thus far, but it never hurts to have another contributor. In addition to wanting to help those in need, I have a passion for creating and administrating that first grew when I started a forum two years ago. Advertising my forum, and helping it grow was really stressful but it was also incredibly fun. Through my hard work and the help of other co-administrators, we merged with another site and are currently experiencing an exponential increase in activity and recognition. That is probably the greatest experience I've ever undergone in my life next to MUN. This process is incredibly similar to making and creating businesses, and when I realized that, I had an epiphany of wanting to go into business studies for college.

After carefully looking through all courses offered at the Tepper School of Business, only one really stood out to me, and that was the MBA program. This program is perhaps the best program in all the colleges I've researched and I know it can fully teach me powerful strategies and elements I could incorporate to my future dreams. Even if I don't create a business immediately, with the MBA program, I could take the necessary steps to becoming a world-class entrepreneur achieving my ultimate goals. In the event that I join the university and my dream changes to something less risky, than at least with the MBA program, I'll have the perfect diploma and ability to become a part of another company. I can think of no other program that fits my goals more than the MBA program.

I've always participated in school trips and foreign studies when I've had the opportunity. I've gone to Italy for 'Week without walls' and have gone to Paris and Cairo for MUN. Naturally, I've taken a great amount of interest in the study abroad program, and intend to join it if possible. Traveling and learning from other cultures and societies has shaped me into who I am today, and so I want to continue to became culturally aware of other societies, and I believe that with the help of Carnegie Mellon, I can pursue all my dreams to their fullest extent.

I'm positive that Carnegie Mellon is the university for me. With all I learn and the knowledge I absorb, I can benefit society to my fullest abilities. After all, to me, businesses are not only about gaining profit and reputation; business owners have the fierce responsibility of promoting meaningful and beneficial contributions to the society, and the only university that I can learn all the ways to cope and embrace diversities and incorporate them into real life is at Carnegie Mellon.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I was too young to understand what had happened, or to connect the incident to why everyone was becoming weary of my religion.

Now, years later, I fully understand the significance of the event, and how negatively it has impacted society's views on Islam.

I've plotted out my path, and it led me to the Tepper School of Business.

In addition to wanting to help those in need, I have a passion for creating and administrating, which first grew when I started a forum two years ago.

Even if I don't create a business immediately, with the MBA program, I could take the necessary steps towards becoming a world-class entrepreneur, achieving my ultimate goals.

In the event that I join the university and my dream changes to something less risky, then at least with the MBA program,...

I can think of no other program that fits my goals more perfectly than the MBA program.

...from other cultures and societies has shaped me into who I am today, and so I want to continue to become culturally aware of other societies, ...

...business owners have the fierce responsibility of promoting meaningful and beneficial contributions to the society, and the only university that I can...

Here are a few things I found to correct. Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / "ways to cope and embrace diversities" - Carnege Mellon, The MBA Program