Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Winter break in my sophomore year / Ronald Regan - UF Admissions essay

andii1018 1 / -  
I began by writing one essay then I came up with another idea but now im confused, i dont know which one to use and i know that both of them need some fixingg

Describe a meaningful event, experience or accomplishment in your life and how it will affect your college experience or your contribution to the UF campus community. You may want to reflect on your family, your school or community activities, or your involvement in areas outside of school.

#1

Every day, I would get to school and have this horrible regretful feeling because I had all the time in the world to do my school work, but of course I was always watching tv or playing soccer or with my boyfriend.

It was during winter break in my sophomore year, when my boyfriend had left to Argentina. I was bored and figured, I minus well do my winter homework package for school. As soon as I started the work I was super-glued to it. It was like a drug to my brain. Three hours later, I had finally finished; this strange feeling came over me, I had felt this amazing satisfaction that I was going to get 6 A's as soon as I got back to school. This feeling was absolutelly addicting. From that day forward all I could think about was having the passion to do all my work, and everytime I would finish school work there it was, the sensation of accomplishment that would overcome my mind.

Though it had taken me a while from elementary school until my sophomore year to realize how fulfilling it was. This small yet mind altering experience completely opened my eyes and changed my perseption about life and school. I have come to a realization, that highschool was ending soon but I wanted to keep this thirst for knowledge. In my eyes The University of Florida is the best university for Education Majors and I know that this school will benefit from my attendance. UF only accepts students who want to learn and students who will never give up and I assure you that none of the UF staff will ever be disappointed in me. The well known reputation of this university will only grow and succeed with me. In order to be successful you need to have a passion and love what you do, UF has everything I need to succeed in life, and I will take all I can from such an amazing school.

____________________________________________________________ ______________

#2

It was time, the day had come, the Ronald Reagan/Doral Sr. High Junior Class of 2009 was picking out their class ring. Everyone was so anxious to pick out the stone and to decorate the ring, I was surrounded by all my classmates with a enormous smiles on their faces and absolutely thrilled expressions. There I was, with the bleakest look on my face. All that I could think about was that my simple, easy, carefree, adolescent high school chapter was coming to an end. It was time to pick up the pace, it was time pull up my GPA, it was time to prove to everyone that I can step up and become the best I can be.

For the past 2 years I have been working so hard and I've been gaining this fulfilling feeling of accomplishment, the satisfaction of knowing that I am trying my best to reach my highest point. As hard as its been keeping my grades up and taking all honors classes while working at a part job every night, my number one priority will always be towards my education because, like my mom always said, "Money and materialistic things can go away any second, but your education and the knowledge you gain will be with you forever".

I believe that The University of Florida will strongly benefit from having me on campus. I am a dedicated hard worker and an extremely goal oriented person. Ever since I heard about this university and its focus on Education Majors my goal has been to make it into this school, and with my passion to thrive for a better future, I know that The University of Florida will appreciate a student who thirsts for knowledge and thrives for accomplishment. This school will definately benefit from my attendance. UF only accepts students who want to learn and students who will never give up and I assure you that none of the UF staff will ever be disappointed in me. The well known reputation of this university will only grow and succeed with me. In order to be successful you need to have a passion and love what you do, UF has everything I need to succeed in life, and I will take all I can from such an amazing school.

Home / Undergraduate / Winter break in my sophomore year / Ronald Regan - UF Admissions essay